Miniatures Talk

SYW Austrian cuirassiers

Posted by Ochoin on 07 Jun 2020, 12:57

I was looking for some tank riders that I knew I had for the forthcoming WW2 war game &, lying next to them was a plastic packet containing 30 metal SYW Austrian Grenzer. They are Minifigs, I think (all with bent legs & sort of crouching?) & I had forgotten I had them.

My work on my SYW Austrians is my current project, and a little stymied due to a dearth of suitable figures so these were a great find.

How could I forget I had them? One of my suppliers is slightly eccentric and is in the habit of sending all sorts of "extra" figures included in any order you make with him. He does charge for whatever you've ordered & not ordered but it's minimal & a package from Wales is like a Christmas present filled with things that delight you & for which, you generally find a use. The Grenzer were sent out even before the SYW became a gleam in my eye: maybe 4 years ago, so no wonder I forgot their presence.

Said figures are a few millimetres too small but on a built up base, will pass muster. This leads to an interesting question:
could Minfigs' SYW Austrian cuirassiers fill a gap in my forces? Are both figures & mounts compatible with the HaT & Revell figures making up the bulk of my Austrian army? It's one thing to have Grenzer of a slightly smaller stature than their Line & Grenadier infantry colleagues but tiny heavy cavalry, standing next to taller dragoons & Hussars would be ludicrous.

Any Minifigs experts out there?

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by MABO on 08 Jun 2020, 07:15

Sorry, I am not a Minifigs expert, but I like the christmas present story.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Previous page

Return to Miniatures Talk