Miniatures Talk

Question

Posted by Konrad on 24 May 2019, 16:25

Why are figs from DARK ALLIANCE not rated at PSR?
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Graeme on 24 May 2019, 17:34

I think that the PSR guy decided right from the start that he would not review any fantasy figures, just historical ones.

As far as I know PSR is run by one person and keeping up with all of the historical sets is a pretty big job; if he's not particularly interested in fantasy sets he might feel the job of reviewing them is best left to someone else.

Sometimes I forget about this and I have spent a fair amount of time searching on PSR for pictures of Amazons or Elves or Skeletons that I was sure I'd seen there before. :oops:
Graeme  Australia

Posted by MABO on 24 May 2019, 17:53

That is exactly what I know. In one of the last post about zombies in the feature section it was written similar.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by marc zijp on 25 May 2019, 03:33

It’s their/his decision, so we have to respect it. Know your limits, in expertise in this case.
Bit still regret it, although I’m not into fantasy at all. Out of interest for this hobby I like to see and compare them. Pictures is enough for me, personally i don’t need no reviews per se.
So: who takes the bold step!? It’s more up to others now.
marc zijp  

Posted by Paul on 25 May 2019, 11:31

Graeme wrote:Sometimes I forget about this and I have spent a fair amount of time searching on PSR for pictures of Amazons or Elves or Skeletons that I was sure I'd seen there before. :oops:

Elves and skellies are there ;-) Along with dwarves,goblins and orcs.
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Sho ... aspx?id=39
They stopped reviewing Fantasy a while back, exactly when I can´t remember and now only does "Fantasy" sets that could be used as humans, the recent review of the Zombies set from Caeser for example
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Sho ... spx?id=108

Though a lot of the alliance, both dark and light,are or could be used as humans, fantasy or otherwise.
Paul  China

Return to Miniatures Talk