Miniatures Talk

Army storage solutions?

Posted by carlosfaro on 27 Dec 2018, 20:10

Hello, I started, many years later, to experience problems to storage all the painted figures...
I made an experiment with VHS old boxes,but no much place inside if I add foam and so on (lets say , only one half of a 1/72 box find place enough, as a layer of figures between foam sandwich) I can survive for a while but I would like to ask you colleages, do you have a magic storage and transport solution for hundreds of figures??
Thank you in advance

Here my system:
http://sceavusall172.blogspot.com/search?q=Vhs
carlosfaro  

Posted by MABO on 28 Dec 2018, 00:37

Interesting solution with the VHS boxes. But I must say I have no other really good offer to make. I have different solutions for different parts of my collection, nothing general.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Dec 2018, 02:01

Bluefalchion, Congratulations on completing your twelve months tour of duelling.
A splendid effort indeed. I wonder if we will see its like again. Is there a new Mr or Mrs X ? BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by FredG on 28 Dec 2018, 15:18

Captain Sibourne's solution looks to be very tidy and effective for large numbers.

Original post here - http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22105
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by carlosfaro on 28 Dec 2018, 15:28

Looks good.. did not think in vertical position of the figures because of transport, but it could be interesting..thanks a lot!
carlosfaro  

Posted by Token Girl on 21 Mar 2019, 20:28

Hi there. Long time away from 1/72nd figures, but have got the bug again! My storage ideas are slightly different as I don`t build massive armies, though what I do do is a similar thing to Subbuteo style. I am lucky as my hubby works making cardboard archive boxes so he makes them for me and I use plasazote to make dividers. If you can bear with me I shall post up pictures of my solution and maybe others could change and adapt to suit.
You could make boxes deeper for massive armies, though as most of mine will either go on the outdoor railway for the Woking War Of The Words are of our layout and some are little vignettes then there is a lot still in original boxes waiting for other jobs. Such as a framed all regiments of Waterloo, though I will do a Picket`s charge dio of somekind.
Hope this helps.
Token Girl X
Token Girl  Wales

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Miniatures Talk