Miniatures Talk

best sites

Posted by Chariobaude on 07 Feb 2018, 23:37

the topic of our new danish friend gave me an idea : guys, what are your favorite sites on our hobby ?

when I say site, it is precisely to exclude blogs that make reviews of different paint jobs unrelated to each other. I'm thinking more about long-term projects, or original and personal ways to create universes with our dear figurines...

just to give an example, the marvellous work of Pierre Jacques Ober and its team, who can realise comics with minis so amazing, look at that !
Chariobaude  France

Posted by C M Dodson on 08 Feb 2018, 08:25

Fantastic link thank you. I think that I have come across this fellow before.

The little scenes are very evocative, especially the WW1 ones. The aeroplane scenes are great too. Lots of similar birds indicate a lot of background use for effect, but what an effect.

Thank you for posting this. Thomas Mischak once sent me a link to a history of Hollywood model making, equally fantastic stuff.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Chariobaude on 11 Feb 2018, 21:32

Thank you chris !

I have to say i don't have any interest for boring blogs showing painted figs from every timeframe, without a real project behind.
This hobby is (at least for me) a way to play... and to recreate historical moments. That's why every article on my website, beside the huge work on minis itself, needs hours of historical research, writing ecc...
But obviously this isn't a "normal" goal ! :-)
Anyways, using properly google you can find reals gems ! For instance this guys is preparing for years a fantastic dio with egyptians and babylonians, and this italian fellow (with who i collaborate sometimes) made fantastic 1/72 cities. This is two random examples, but they are many more amazing projects !
Chariobaude  France

Return to Miniatures Talk