Miniatures Talk

Anyone has experience with "Napoleon Figurines"?

Posted by matgc on 19 Sep 2017, 13:45

I came accross this online store, with some models in 1/72 that would be quite useful to fill the gaps in my ranks, but I can't find any pictures of painted examples, and it's really hard to see the quality of detail on the pictures on the site:

http://www.napoleonfigurines.com/Soldat ... aaaaab.asp

I'm particularly interested in their russian horse artillery:

I contacted the owner, and he informed me the models are 25mm tall, so correctly scaled to 1/72, indeed, but I was wondering if anyone here could atest to the quality of the sculpts in flesh.
matgc  Brazil

Posted by Bluefalchion on 19 Sep 2017, 14:04

I have no experience with this manufacturer, but I am familiar with your painting abilities. No matter what the sculpts look like, I am confident you will be able to paint them up to a good quality.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Susofrick on 19 Sep 2017, 14:53

Hmm, a very long time ago I bought moulds for 25mm-figures. Napoleonic Prussian Infantry, the only Prussians at the time were Airfix Landwehr. Well, the 25mm-guys are HUGE and the other nappies I have are not. Other than that I agree totally with Bluefalchion!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by matgc on 19 Sep 2017, 16:28

Susofrick, there is a catch, there. The scale is defined by the height to the model's eye, which means 25mm models are about 27-28mm tall.

Napoleon Figurines models, being 25mm tall, are about 23mm to eye level - that is, 23mm scale.

Nowadays, 1/72 is pretty much 22-23m scale. 20mm scale used to be associated with 1/72, but is in fact too small, when you place models side by side.
matgc  Brazil

Posted by angliru001 on 20 Sep 2017, 00:35

Greetings, Like you I found these and proceeded to purchase quite a few examples - they make a rather nice French artillery in greatcoats and some Russian Dragoons.

Size wise, they match all the usual suspects ( except some of the larger Italeri examples ). They do need a bit of flash cleaning before painting, and being resin castings they are very fragile. Things like wheels on cannons are pretty loose fit, but once the superglue is added everything works fine. I wonder how the resin figures would stand up to repeated handling if they were used for gaming

I haven't actually painted past the undercoat stage with mine yet, but the grey undercoat brings out a good standard of detail and I'm sure with your painting skills they would be fine.
angliru001  Australia

Posted by Marc the plasticsfan on 12 Jan 2018, 14:37

Mateus has painted some of these for his Russian army - can't remember if he posted them here or on TMP. But they looked good - as does all of Mateus's Napoleonic work
Marc the plasticsfan  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 13 Jan 2018, 04:25

If you Google: Pictures Napoleonic Russian Artillery ! You can find more there.
Those above are Front Rank 28mm scale.
HAT Industries still have illustrations of uniform colors.
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by FredG on 13 Jan 2018, 14:50

I've had quite a few of these. I liked them for the different subjects and poses. Painted up, to my old eyes they fit in well with the 'usual suspects' in the 1/72 range
FredG  United Kingdom

Return to Miniatures Talk