Miniatures Talk

IMEX Korean War Troops

Posted by Duron QelDroma on 16 Aug 2016, 20:57

Hey folks,

can anyone, who has more knowledge than me, tell me, if the IMEX ROK Troops could also be used as US-Troops?

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=808

Because I find the real US-troops from IMEX plain ugly and wanted to use these Korean troops insted, as they have quite nice poses.

Thanks in advance.
Duron QelDroma  Germany

Posted by Bluefalchion on 16 Aug 2016, 22:05

Do you want to use the ROK troops as U.S. troops in the Korean Conflict? It would probably be all right to do so, although I suspect most U.S. soldiers in Korea wore helmets when in combat, limiting the usefulness of some of the ROK guys where are clearly fighting while wearing only hats.

You could also use WWII U.S. infantry from various manufacturers for Korean Conflict U.S. soldiers, with certain limitations. The time periods, uniforms, weapons, and equipment in use have a great deal of overlap.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Duron QelDroma on 16 Aug 2016, 22:19

Thaks for your answer. To be earnest, I wanted to use them as WW2 US troops but only because of the poses, which I find useful, so I wanted to know, if they're close enough (but I also had reservations because of the caps).
Duron QelDroma  Germany

Posted by J_A_ on 25 Aug 2016, 02:09

yes you can use them as G.I troops,other thing I noticed of that figures is that the helmets in ROK are more small than usa soldiers set

personally I like the original usa soldiers set,the bad thing is there arent many nice poses
J_A_  Argentina

Return to Miniatures Talk