Miniatures Talk

On Mars figures

Posted by Ochoin on 24 Jul 2016, 01:15

I've bought & I'm painting my first Mars set. Set 72093 Imperial Field Artillery.

I think partially because of PSR's often dismissive reviews, I've previously avoided them. They're also difficult for me to get.

In the "flesh", they are surprisingly good. Some flash & a bit flat, they still have good sculpting, excellent faces & cover periods no one else does.

Indeed, I rate them above the average Strelets' set, if not as good as Caesar, Zvesda or HaT.
Imperial Field Artillery is my first Mars set but won't be my last.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bluefalchion on 24 Jul 2016, 04:49

I think PSR has given credit where credit is due to Mars, and has acknowledged their place in the hobby filling empty eras and also having a few well-sculpted sets mixed in to the range. Overall, though, pictures don't lie: many of the Mars sets are of very poor quality and execution. Some of our expert modelers here in this forum have worked wonders with them, though.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by davbenbak1 on 24 Jul 2016, 16:43

You might try the TYW French Field Artillery 72044. I got it because of the additional mounted officers. The gun is of good size as well.
davbenbak1  United States of America

Posted by Chris on 24 Jul 2016, 18:00

This set looks quite nice it's true !
And I have to admit that Mars always attract me with his subject... but I only have one or two sets of this brand...
This is typicaly the kind of brand where you need to check what's inside before buying !
Chris  France

Return to Miniatures Talk