Miniatures Talk

Unboxing Revell 200-th Waterloo

Posted by Emperor on 11 Aug 2015, 22:47

I got me a Revell Waterloo set for bycentury...I will try to make a small review tomorrow about the set...
All what I can say for now that set contains 3 types of figures, British life guard cavalary, Prussian infantry, and French grenadiers. The box has around 17 British figures that are mounted, 42 of Prussian figures and 48 of French figures...I will continue tomorrow... :-D
Emperor  

Posted by Emperor on 12 Aug 2015, 14:08

Ok so here it is...First the box art Image
On back of the box there is instruction how to paint the figures, whit which colors...
Here is the sprue with French Image
Here is with British Image
And here is with Prussians Image
Personally I think I will keep half of all the figures unpainted...I want to save entire box also...Normally I cut the box art and keep it as reminder in my boxart catalogue and I get rid of rest of the box but not this time...Also I think there won't be many difficulties in painting this figures, since they are very well sculpted, but I want to do it with clear head and relaxed atmosphere with zero rushing... From first impression, since I hold Revell Napoleonic figures for the first time, they look a bit small compared to Italeri and Zvezda, and Strelets figures would look like bears compared to Revell set...Especially the heads...
As concerning flash, there is almost no flash at all...Maybe on few places on bayonets and swords, but that is all...
Emperor  

Posted by Benno on 25 Aug 2015, 11:50

Great to have these figures released again. The figures from Revell are always a pleasure to paint. A bit strange they put the British life guards in, and not the British infantry.
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Ragnar on 08 Oct 2015, 03:55

All that effort to make a larger box, what they should have done is put in some accessories and made it a playset!
Ragnar  Australia

Posted by Beano Boy on 08 Oct 2015, 15:26

Revell figures from 1992 - 1996. It`s good to see these Old Timers again. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Emperor on 09 Oct 2015, 12:26

Well this set will go good with Italeri Waterloo set, since it has Hougomont or La Haie Saint, since those two farms are trade mark of Battle of Waterloo...
Emperor  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Miniatures Talk