Miniatures Talk

Great ECW Cavalry flag source

Posted by davbenbak1 on 14 Apr 2015, 16:14

I just received some great 25mm ECW flags from www.keepwargaming.co.uk. They are the perfect size and there are a lot of cavalry flags included. Not sure what others may have experienced but I recommend them whole heartedly.
davbenbak1  United States of America

Posted by Ochoin on 15 Apr 2015, 06:34

They look nice.

I've worked out if I replace the command stand (containing ensign) of my Swedish brigades, I could have ECW units....albeit a little old fashioned looking. Cavalry is even easier.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by steve_pickstock on 15 Apr 2015, 08:19

The old Swedish Cavalry is perfect for ECW cavalry, but as you say the foot are a bit 'old fashioned' - still in light of anything better they do their job.
steve_pickstock  England

Posted by davbenbak1 on 17 Apr 2015, 16:00

Ochion:

Here's my solution to ECW verses TYW stands. For ECW I use three 2in. X 2in. stands and attach the flag to a figure with an upright pike. I use a very small straw (coffee stirrer) inside the flag so I can easily remove and switch them out for different historical units.

For Swedish units I just pull the flag off completely and add a command stand featuring another officer, drummer and flag bearer that comes with the set. This also gives the correct 3:4 pike/shot ratio since I count the command stand as a pike stand. I guess I could swap out the drummer for another pike figure for a better esthetic.
davbenbak1  United States of America

Return to Miniatures Talk