Miniatures Talk

Hats from HaT

Posted by Ochoin on 01 Apr 2015, 04:09

Not infrequently, HaT sets often include little extras: muskets, spare heads, drums etc.

All are appreciated & get used eventually.

The HaT SYW Prussian sets come with separate grenadier mitres, fusilier mitres & tricornes: enough for every figure.

These have been particularly useful for me. Although I've done many, many head swops, hat swops are ever easier & with 2 part super glue, adhere as if they were moulded to the figure.

At the moment I'm turning the Revell 1805 Prussian Cuirassiers into their SYW counterparts (quite a task!)
and the tricornes from HaT make it possible.

I'm sure other uses for the spare hats will become apparent.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by davbenbak1 on 01 Apr 2015, 14:18

Please post pics. I was thinking using Strelets GNW Swedish Reiters as SYW cuirassiers but I like your idea better. Now, if Michigan Toy Company would ever send my Hat Prussians that have been on back order for almost a year or respond to my emails....
davbenbak1  United States of America

Posted by Ochoin on 09 Apr 2015, 13:46

I had what I’ll modestly call a brilliant idea.

I have long had a bunch of the Esci 1805 Prussians sitting in my bits box.

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=101

It occurred to me that with minimal conversion these could make a decent unit for the Prussian SYW army.

As the HaT SYW Prussian sets come with so many tricornes, I have enough to give each the proper hat.
I have enough command figures left from the HaT box.

I’m going to paint them as a Garrison regiment. These are second rate troops & will help to provide a balanced Prussian force.
(my French SYW are 40% second rate).

donald (photos will be posted when all are complete)
Ochoin  Scotland

Return to Miniatures Talk