Miniatures Talk

Jacobite Rebellion

Posted by Rod MacArthur on 01 Aug 2014, 19:52

I chat on various forums, but this is my first posting on this one. I have been Wargaming on and off for over 50 years, always with 1:72 plastics.

Most of my figures are Napoleonic, but inspired by a recent visit to the Highlands and Islands, including Glenfinnan and Culloden, I have decided to create a pair of Jacobite Rebellion armies. Because the armies were relatively small, and I always model on a 1:30 figure ratio, I have planned to make all of the units at Prestonpans, Falkirk and Culloden, which is quite possible.

I have used RedBox for my British, and Strelets for my Jacobites (although some Jacobites will come from the RedBox Highland Infantry and RedBox Loyalists and Militia sets. Most of my cavalry will be Zvezda Swedish GNW, although I will use some old surplus Italeri Napoleonic British Hussars for some Jacobite cavalry, By welding their pellises into "over the shoulder" plaids, and welding busbies into bonnets. I do a lot of conversion using a miniature welding iron. I also have an old set of Revell SYW Austrian Artillery which I will use for both sides, supplemented by some old Airfix Waterloo French Artillery guns and draught horses.

I now have all of the figures, just need to start modelling and painting.

Wargame rules will be more of a problem, since I am stuck firmly in the 1980s and do not like many of the modern trends (eg basing in two ranks), although I will let my Jacobites do that to represent deep formations of six or eight ranks.

Rod
Rod MacArthur  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 05 Aug 2014, 20:17

Welcome Rod,

looking forward to see some painted figures of you! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Miniatures Talk