Miniatures Talk

New Box Size

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Jun 2014, 03:03

I found this interesting and quite a surprise when I opened up the cardboard delivery box. Hat has a new designed box for these 32 piece set of 1/72 scale figures. They fit snuggly inside with no empty space.This has to cut down on transport cost`s in some cases as much as 50%. With the high cost of fuel for truck`s going sky-high through the roof this has to be a good sound reason for this type of boxing. The larger box of model figures still have a third of an empty space inside them,so not as good.Far to many companies still place a few small model figures into very large boxes.So Hat has cleverly looked intently at this issue,but I wonder though if the smaller size box will look appealing to buyers who are not modellers,like for instance those buying a gift for others in a Toy Shop. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 28 Jun 2014, 06:41

Interesting... but I don't think it will reduce shipping prices significantly (or maybe at all).
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Beano Boy on 28 Jun 2014, 19:01

Thank you Dalibor for your comment.

lets us see if this can ring out a change of understanding just how large companies can save huge amounts of CASH! If you have a product in a box and the box is twice as large as the product and you load a truck up with them, half the space inside the truck is filled up with 50% of nothing and in this there is no profit gained on empty space at all.I think all would agree with this statement.So if you have the same product but reduce the size of the box to just one where the item fit`s snug inside it. You have just saved 50% off shipping cost`s and there is profit in this.Also looking to the Basic Law of Mathematics.Instead of sending two truck loads out from the Factory to the same delivery desternation ( To Hat industries,) and for the same amount of products shipped out as before,only one truck is now needed ,not two.Plus you only need one truck driver instead of two.

It is the Factory making the item and in this case Hat Industries,the Producers who save money,we do not.

Delivery companies like Royal Mail have a very mixed bag of parcils each and every day and have no control over sizes of packages or their contents.
They just charge for the size and weight of each parcel and we have to pay it,and in this there is profit for them and no saving for use. However If I want to send a box of model`s or indeed something else to a friend , but could send them two for the same postage I might well consider sending them two.

A clear saving on my shipping cost`s of 50%.

I wonder just,how many Members selling model figures would like to reduce their shipping cost too ?

As Bright eyed FiddleWood Gnomes we use low energy Light Bulb`s so save 50% of our electricity light bill.

Beano Boy
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 28 Jun 2014, 20:03

Hi Paul,

I apologize because I wasn't understandable enough. Yes, everything you wrote makes sense.
But I was speaking from a point of end buyer. Smaller box saves money but I think that savings will go to pockets of producer and/or retailer. End buyer probably won't get any lower prices.
Cheers :beer:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 29 Jun 2014, 09:34

Dalibor,there is no need to apologize,because I took no offence at your comment. I have no such place for Vanity in such thing`s . At the end of the day Big boxes,Tiny Boxes for us buyer`s makes no real difference because there is no such saving in it for us. Dalibor you have a nice day.By the way,is it your turn to wear the Moderator`s Hat or does Benno,give you all one of your own. I can clearly imagine Peter wearing that Napoleon style Hat.I imagine a Fez for Paul,Dads Army a rather large Bowler Hat.What yours is like I cannot Imagine.No,No,It is Benno who wears the Crown ,and I imagine it tilted to one side.Better I go now,have fun . BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Kekso on 29 Jun 2014, 09:51

Beano Boy wrote:What yours is like I cannot Imagine.

Hahahaha... I wear strainer bowl... a metal one :-D
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 06 Jul 2014, 20:36

They are doing this for some time now. I think about three years, so it isn't new! The price of the sets stays the same! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Miniatures Talk