Greek Infantry WW1
10%
Iraqi Army (first Gulf War)
10%
Other, none of them suits me!
22%

Total votes : 82

Posted by Xantippos on 15 May 2014, 11:53

Hello, I've been asked to run this poll, to see what will the people in the forum would prefer, among these various subjects, to be the next set of Hegemony Miniatures. Basically ancients on the poll but also a bit of most eras (except WW2, where there is very little new things to do, Belgian and Dutch will be made by Caesar).

I've left the poll so everybody can choose two subjects. My votes have gone to Atlanteans and Ponthic Army, I cannot live without having a figure of King Mithridates! and the Atlanteans would be cool and very different to see.

If none of the subjects interests you, just select the last option and tell us what you would like ;-) .

This is the original text of the poll;

"All the sets of soldiers will have the same structure; 30 figures (approximately, if subject demands it, it will be increased a bit), hard plastic, 15 GBP shipped to your address. 3 or 6 unique figures (leaders, etc), and then 8-9 soldiers repeated x3.

It is in your hand to decide which will be the subject! this poll will be conducted and taken into account different forums and websites.

This are the subjects;

Atlanteans; Semi-fantasy subject. A pseudo-historical representation of what could have been the Atlanteans if they really existed, seen as a sort of Mycenaean soldiers, with some fantasy touches.

Phoenicians; Pre-Persian rule, in their Golden Age. 1200 BC - 539 BC roughly.

Ponthic Army; The soldiers which Mithridates IV used against the Romans so many times.

Bagaudae; The peasant revolts that shakened the Roman Empire in it's decline.

Vandals; Will be made as the Vandals under Geiseric which sacked Rome in 455 AD.

Magyars; Circa 900 AD, as in their last battle against Otto II.

Napoleonic Ottoman Army; As the name suggests, Ottoman Army during the Napoleonic period.

Napoleonic French Sailors; All round sailors, not just official types, also sailors with informal uniform.

Greek Infantry WW1; Regular army and volunteers

Iraqi Army (first Gulf War); Regular army and rebels"

Atlanteans
Phoenicians
Ponthic Army
Bagaudae
Vandals
Magyars
Napoleonic Ottoman Army
Napoleonic French Sailors
Greek Infantry WW1
Iraqi Army (first Gulf War)
Other, none of them suits me!
Xantippos  

Posted by Xantippos on 26 May 2014, 20:59

The polls have ended now, the Atlanteans have won closely followed by the Iraqi Army. The Atlanteans will now begin production (Mithridates will have to wait to see it's army in 1/72 scale!).

Depending on the success of the next set, another poll with new options will follow.
Xantippos  

Posted by Uwe on 27 May 2014, 10:37

Will you make the new sets in the same plastic as the Elephants? This would be ok for me. The rubber material of the first two sets is ac real challenge.

Beside this I like the scuplting.

cheers
uwe
Uwe  Germany

Verified member from Hagen Miniatures (Sponsor) Verified member from Hagen Miniatures (Sponsor)

Posted by PDA on 27 May 2014, 11:29

Will these also be copies of other people's figures (Hegemony copied HaT's figures), or will these be completely original?
PDA  England

Posted by Xantippos on 27 May 2014, 19:47

All new sets will be made with hard plastic as the Elephants.

PDA, all new figures will be new sculpts made by myself, as have been the Romano Britons and the Persian Elephants.
Xantippos  

Posted by PDA on 27 May 2014, 21:54

That's good to know, Xantippos. It saddened me to see the copied HaT figures in the first set.
PDA  England

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by 172Fixer on 10 Jul 2014, 10:50

I seem to recall Esci promising some Iraqi Army (first Gulf War) in their last catalogue, but sadly never delivered. Those would be my pick.
172Fixer  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Jul 2014, 11:45

Atlanteans ,yes very good and I look forward to seeing them.Hegemony miniatures are now on my favourites.The French Napoleonic Sailors would have been good too.Perhaps Strelets might produce some in their reshuffle of new boxed set`s hitting the market place. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by HoScaleGeek on 16 Aug 2014, 18:41

It's true that Belgians and Dutch will be produced by Caesar but if those 2 countries share one set, this means the pose number for each country will be undoubtedly few. Especially so for the Dutch who had 2 fronts, a European one and a tropical one. If Caesar continues its trend to put less and less figures in its new sets, the pose variety of each country is likely to be small.
HoScaleGeek  Netherlands

Posted by DerkleinePUC on 03 Sep 2014, 10:09

Hello,
as a fan of the time from 1700 to 1815 I really would like to see a set of L'Entreprenant. The first balloon in military service. French marines officers in the balloon with flags, seasoldiers towing the balloon to the front, soldiers marching under it, what a picture. Never done before. L'NTREPRENANT!!!
Greetings
Patrick
DerkleinePUC  Germany

Posted by RCD on 03 Sep 2014, 14:38

yes it would be great to see the Dutch/Belguim set finally appear despite it being soldiers from 2 countries. However, I for one doubt they will ever appear (along with the WW1 French). They seem to have a German fixation - on todays PSR there is a reference to Caesars next 3 sets - suprise, surprise more Third Reich stuff!
RCD  

Posted by zirrian on 03 Sep 2014, 23:25

RCD wrote:yes it would be great to see the Dutch/Belguim set finally appear despite it being soldiers from 2 countries. However, I for one doubt they will ever appear (along with the WW1 French). They seem to have a German fixation - on todays PSR there is a reference to Caesars next 3 sets - suprise, surprise more Third Reich stuff!

At least that particular subject will be covered to a degree other manufacturers will less likely make more WW2 Germans :lol: With that said, I'm really glad about the halftrack passengers box. If it'll be anything like the Preiser box of the same subject (which I cannot found for a reasonable price anywhere), this man will be a really happy one.
zirrian  Hungary

Posted by guilhem on 07 Sep 2014, 15:25

hello guys...
I am agree whith you... but i dont want wait...
I am making 10 gulf war irakis soldiers in white metal.
If you are interested, I can take pictures...
But I am at the begining.
guilhem  France

Posted by guilhem on 29 Dec 2014, 20:48

if you want , I have produced 7 iraki soldiers
of Saddam hussein.
I need order to produce them in metal
my mail Guilhem.dalou@yahoo.fr
guilhem  France

Posted by mickey mouse on 29 Dec 2014, 21:37

Some nice WWII glider pilots would be nice.
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Posted by Kekso on 29 Dec 2014, 22:45

We want more female figures of any era.... naked :mrgreen:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Emperor on 29 Dec 2014, 23:11

@Kekso hehehe, good idea friend...But if they are to be with full attributes, then they should be in a bigger scale...So that detail could be more visible...
Emperor  

Posted by guilhem on 29 Dec 2014, 23:54

ok... nobody here want this iraki soldiers...
so I will not produce them...
best regards
guilhem  France

Posted by mickey mouse on 30 Dec 2014, 00:16

guilhem wrote:ok... nobody here want this iraki soldiers...
so I will not produce them...
best regards

Maybe armpcm want some, but I am not certain of it, Maybe you can let make Hagen miniatures make some and let them sell it for you?
mickey mouse  Netherlands

Posted by Emperor on 30 Dec 2014, 14:15

I would be careful with what to produce...The sell of set that will be produced will bring more money to those who make sets that are popular, but nobody produced it...That is the law of business...If you produce sets that are not wide popular or if you produce sets that are on market, lesser people will buy...This way If you produce something that people need but nobody has produced yet, you will hit the jack pot...
For instance Austrian infantry of XVIII century wasn't produced by many companies, except Revell...If somebody make that set, they can sell it to those who want to buy Zvezda Prussians, since Prussian grenadies fought mainly against Austrians...So if you want a big battle with Zvezda Prussians you got to have Austrians...
Also they are easy to make...
Emperor  

Next page

Return to Miniatures Talk