Miniatures Talk

More new Zvezda Germans (8078)

Posted by PWalmsley on 01 Sep 2013, 21:34

Love all Zvezda figures, especially their WW2. Best germans since Airfix Second Ed Africa Corps? Only drawback is the new figures are not glueable like their previous small number sets. Also they have "parade-like" closed collars. Seems like most combat photos show open collars. (I have opened up collars on these 2 figures with collars sliced from airfix africa corps standing grenadiers). Here the squad leader raises up to signal the advance! The wise grenadier keeps low while within grenade range.

The figure at far right is the original NCO. Like this pose - stable aggressive wide-based gait with a "combat crouch." He crouches low while signaling with the right arm and looks forward.
I have modified the other 4 figures based on this wide-based gait. (from R to left)
The next figure has the right arm modified to hold a stick grenade. Collar opened up. The next has been modified into a wide base crouching rifle man -surely a common combat pose? (the hands grasping the rifle are from the small figure hard plastic set). The next figure is a sturmpioneer holding a giant pin. (that will be a pole-charge soon). The far left figure is a crouching rifle shooter. He has just popped up to take a snap-shot as he advances. (no need to open up collar here!
PWalmsley  

Posted by Bluefalchion on 01 Sep 2013, 23:08

Great work on those. Lifelike conversions and well painted also.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Sep 2013, 14:36

Fire and Manoeuvre! Fire and Manoeuvre! I remember it well. Very good conversions you`ve created here,and the hunch-back croutch is what all soldiers have in modern combat,whilst trying hard to aviod incoming rounds,and they are very realistic looking too.Well Done!
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Benno on 18 Sep 2013, 23:37

Thanks for the review. Figures and painting look very nice!
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by gorgarrak on 19 Sep 2013, 09:37

Fantastic work on these figs, you might push me into buying a set after how their Russians turned out for me, the open collars look great.
(If anyone can point me in the direction of a tutorial to add open collars it would be greatly appreciated)

Mike
gorgarrak  United Kingdom

Return to Miniatures Talk