Miniatures Talk

Rarest 1/72nd figure sets

Posted by SamSagace on 30 May 2011, 09:53

An interesting subject!!
I think that some sets are very rare, yes! As said in other posts:
Old AIRFIX...(Zoo, Farm Animals...Cosmonauts, Civilians from Station accessories, etc...)
I have too "Fort Apache"...
Old ATLANTIC (I have 2 complete boxes: Apache Camp and Cowboys, and The wagon Train (complete in sprue!) which is really rare!!!

NEXUS or even AIRFIX can't release old sets because moulds are lost! :angry2:
(Maybe, a lot of them in the Golf War... :shock: )

Sometimes, sets could be found on e-bay, but price are good for collectors!! :lol:

Eric: it's the first time I see The "Thierry La Fronde" set!!! :roll:
not a lot of poses! (8 if my eyes are good enough! :P )
SamSagace  France
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by SamSagace on 23 Jun 2011, 22:42

... one very rare AIRFIX set, see it on e-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT
If you are interested, be quick!!
... only 21 hours before the end! :evil:

and maybe this one could interesting:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT
but no international postage... :confused:
(if you are interested, contact me : I know the seller!)
SamSagace  France

Posted by MABO on 24 Jun 2011, 09:29

I have shot the Airfix Zoo Set on ebay some years ago. It is one of the highlights of my collection.

:evil:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by SamSagace on 24 Jun 2011, 22:03

MABO wrote:I have shot the Airfix Zoo Set on ebay some years ago. It is one of the highlights of my collection.

:evil:

Do you think that the price here was very high or not?
Can you show us ?? (build? Painted?)

another???? :mrgreen:
ok!!!

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... SS:FR:1123
(I think that it is very very very rare... but not sure...)
:shock:
SamSagace  France

Posted by MABO on 24 Jun 2011, 22:17

I paid 70 bucks I think. So not that cheap...

But to save the price I did not paint or assemble the set. But I can make photos and show them but they are not in my apartment but at the house of my parents. So it will take some time.
MABO  Europe

Posted by fpt on 25 Jan 2021, 21:26

Is it time (or appropriate) to resurrect an old post?

Years ago I would buy Campell HO scale buildings wherever I could find them (usually at the annual West Springfield, MA train expo). I opened the boxes, made templates from the instructions and made my wooden buildings from them. I have my buildings and still have the original contents of the boxes. Got my cake and ate it too!!!

Can a 3-D printer do the same thing with figures?

FPT
fpt  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 26 Jan 2021, 13:11

:coffee: All the large Zvezda boxed Sets are now worth a Mint of money.
he, he,he. BB,
Beano Boy  England

Posted by MABO on 28 Jan 2021, 00:27

And Strelets Medival Britains!
MABO  Europe

Posted by raph86 on 28 Jan 2021, 08:17

Hello, I just found this box on the shelves of a model shop in Anglet, France. It had been waiting there since it was released...it made the happiness of a French collector who was just missing this box, which was of no use to me who doesn't collect miniature boxes.

raph86  France

Posted by Harry Faversham on 28 Jan 2021, 11:25

Our old Airfix and Atlantic Wild West figures still get the occasional outing...

:cowboy:
Harry Faversham  England

Posted by captainzlog on 28 Jan 2021, 16:00

Nice! Are there folks who collect old Airfix boxes? I had a few Type 1 this Christmas: Cowboys, Indians and Foreign Legion, also Type 2 Civilians, USAF, Afrika Korps and Civil War Artillery
captainzlog  

Posted by Xantippos on 18 Jul 2021, 15:27

I still don't have the Revell Aztecs, but I bought the Mars copy which is a reasonable alternative, some flash but nothing too important.

The Atlantic sets can seem very rare, but you can still find them relatively easily. I am quite lucky, as I own the Pharao's court except one man, and I got in a lot Jason and the other unique figure of the Atlantic set of Polifemus.

For me the rarest sets are those that are even hardly known they exist. I own a lot of figurines which I still don't know where they came from, usually coming with a small vehicle, and being more WW2 or later. Some of the more rare are the spanish Ekos, some very nicely done and hard and expensive to get hold of (when I was little and lived in Spain, I could have bought them all, and I had quite a few, but now lost most of them).

The set of Medieval Britain is indeed rare. I was at the point of buying it many times, but as I already had most of the soldiers in the set, I let it pass. Now it seems nearly impossible to get hold of!
Xantippos  

Posted by Paulonious on 28 Apr 2022, 04:01

One of the most difficult sets that I’ve searched for was the Atlantic Far West Gatling Guns. I finally gave up when HaT released theirs in their colonial range.
Paulonious  United States of America

Posted by Howlin on 01 May 2022, 17:51

Anyone check out the ebay prices of the Zvezda English knights and foot soldiers sets? going for over a hundred each! Maybe I should sell mine...

also rare, is the Zvezda Siege engines 1, with the catapult and ballista. its a really nice piece and sought after.

i find the revel aztecs on Ebay for reasonable prices but never can tell when the last will be bought up and then not seen for a while. As it seems to go for such things I wanted the HAT Gallic war chariot but no where to be seen now even though it was quite cheap when it was common.
Howlin  United States of America

Posted by DerkleinePUC on 07 May 2022, 16:03

Hello,
here is the secret site for all that to good prices:
www.kamar-zinnfiguren.de
The titel are in german, but one can find it.
Greetings

Patrick
DerkleinePUC  Germany

Posted by elegantmess on 08 Oct 2022, 07:37

Hello, everyone
Thanks for having me. My personal rare set that I am excited about at the moment: caesar elves 2
elegantmess  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Santi Pérez on 08 Oct 2022, 13:57

Hello, elegantmess. I think you mean this set, which also includes human warriors of Numenor:

Unfortunately, I haven't seen them anywhere but in Caesar Miniatures website http://www.minitoysoldier.com/, where I was able to get my hands on them a few years ago. :winky:

I encourage you to try to get them. If you are a fan of The Lord of the Rings, these figures are really worth it. Good luck! ;-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by RSDean on 08 Oct 2022, 16:41

I didn’t know that existed! Where are they shipped from? Taiwan?
RSDean  United States of America

Posted by Bessiere on 08 Oct 2022, 20:06

I have 2 unopened French Imperial guard boxes, just finishing my 2nd battalion of grenadiers. glad I found them last year.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Xantippos on 09 Oct 2022, 15:15

Glad I got my Zvezda english knights many years ago in shop! the foot soldiers I bought them at a model exhibition, curiously they were lacking all the archers, but anyway, there is plenty of substitutes available.

Really, nowadays I have most of the soldiers I know that exist and I like! the few exceptions are the Eko soldiers, which I am lacking nearly all the range, and they are very nice and hard to find. Some Giant soldiers too are very cool and impossible to get easily.

For the rest, some Strelets sets of Napoleonic times, of the ones that were all different poses, have now run out of stock everywhere and I would like to have them, but as I am lacking so much in Napoleonic stuff, doesn't bother me yet.
Xantippos  

Previous pageNext page

Return to Miniatures Talk