Forum & Help

Why bother ? To All members who don´t post.

Posted by Husky on 03 Apr 2010, 23:38

Well I've not posted very much...
Pics of painted figures : cos I've been waiting for the sun to come out (Samurai archer pic was awful) and that doesn't happen so often in Scotland!
Textual posts : cos I often check the site with my iPhone and it's just so fiddly! I'd rather save my patience for painting eyeballs at 1/72.

Cheers for now, will post again soon! :-)
Husky  Scotland

Posted by musketier on 04 Apr 2010, 05:30

Congratulations Paul on a fine topic! Slowly I for one am seeing new posts and pics from ones that rarely do. :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
(me happy me likey pics I need more ya know! I gotta get my fix dude! I am hurtin reel bad hehe)
musketier  United States of America

Posted by Paul on 04 Apr 2010, 09:16

musketier wrote:Congratulations Paul on a fine topic! Slowly I for one am seeing new posts and pics from ones that rarely do. :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
(me happy me likey pics I need more ya know! I gotta get my fix dude! I am hurtin reel bad hehe)

Thanks randall :thumbup: :thumbup:
That´s the point ;-) :-) I´m talking to them(trying) not at them :-)
@Husky, I hope the sun comes out soon :-) mind you....might be a bit of a wait.....scotland and sun.... ;-) :-)

PS...My Grandmother , fathers side was scottish :-)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oKMQKgSnGy8&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oKMQKgSnGy8&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Paul  China

Posted by redsoldiergreen on 04 Apr 2010, 11:36

Paul . I post very infrequently. My modelling is mainly 1/32 figures and 1/72 armour . Also lots ot warhammer 40000 for my boys. So i just go onto the site to enjoy other peoples work and the banter .
some of you are very knowledgable about your subjects and i dont feel i would have anything to add constructivly to your conversations . I visit many sites just to do this . there is a hardcore of posters on all these sites and many mores times non posters.
I dont know what the answer is but maybe they are happy just to admire others work or feel that theirs is not up to public scrutiny. I know i have many projects put to one side because they are not up to the standard i wish to acheive. :thumbup: :thumbup: cheers Martin
redsoldiergreen  United Kingdom

Posted by Paul on 04 Apr 2010, 14:01

redsoldiergreen wrote:Paul . I post very infrequently. My modelling is mainly 1/32 figures and 1/72 armour . Also lots ot warhammer 40000 for my boys. So i just go onto the site to enjoy other peoples work and the banter .
some of you are very knowledgable about your subjects and i dont feel i would have anything to add constructivly to your conversations . I visit many sites just to do this . there is a hardcore of posters on all these sites and many mores times non posters.
I dont know what the answer is but maybe they are happy just to admire others work or feel that theirs is not up to public scrutiny. I know i have many projects put to one side because they are not up to the standard i wish to acheive. :thumbup: :thumbup: cheers Martin

We´re not experts, we just pretend :-)

My work is also not up to the standard I wish to achieve and ceftainly well below the standard of some here but I think.."so what, I like what I do and that´s good enough for me", so I post it.

As for comments/conversations, I must admit it´s not always "on Topic" but that´s how we get to know about each other through the fun and info bit. As has been said here once or twice, There´s no such thing as a dumb question or suggestion. I thought this one may have been dumb;
http://www.bennosfigures.com/forum/view ... highlight=
but it turns out it´s more than I thought and has started a good idea, namely what we can get for free in our hobby.

It´s true that there will always be those that post more than some (can´t think who they may be here ??? :-) ) but without new input it will get staid and the ideas will dry up.
Paul  China

Posted by phhoog on 06 Apr 2010, 17:19

well, just to add my little stone ...

http://www.bennosfigures.com/forum/view ... 2638#52638

but may be you guys are right, once you post once or twice you get hooked ... Anyway you need time for posting and for painting so let me try to paint more, we'll see later if I still have time for posting ;-)
Cheers to all and again thanks to all who are posting, this is very interesting
Philippe
phhoog  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by west1871 on 06 Apr 2010, 18:15

Hello phhoog,

Don't be put off by the likes of Thomas.D's great works because they are bloody marvelous(they are very friendly aswell) look at them as a bench mark to work to :thumbup: And the good thing about most of the great painters on this forum is that they offer great encouragement and pointers :thumbup: Its a very friendly forum and like you say mate once you get over that first step it very addictive(just ask Paul :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
I was crapping myself the first post,but after a few beers I did it anyway and was warmly welcomed in :thumbup: :thumbup:
west1871  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 06 Apr 2010, 18:19

And most off all Philippe, I can use some Belgian support ;-) :lol:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by musketier on 06 Apr 2010, 18:49

Yes that is true about what's been said above. I agree with Peter he needs
"help" too hehe. Seriously though my work has gotten a little better, I have learned much from those here. I still need more practice to get back into doing 1/72 as I was painting 15's for a long time and got rather lazy with it.
I do not think anyone here is here to make fun of anyone's work (unless the work is intentionally funny), I too had some reservations about posting my work here but after the first few it got much easier and lots of fun.
musketier  United States of America

Posted by Paul on 06 Apr 2010, 19:17

phhoog wrote:well, just to add my little stone ...

http://www.bennosfigures.com/forum/view ... 2638#52638

but may be you guys are right, once you post once or twice you get hooked ... Anyway you need time for posting and for painting so let me try to paint more, we'll see later if I still have time for posting ;-)
Cheers to all and again thanks to all who are posting, this is very interesting
Philippe

Welcome into active service mate :-) :-)
No-one is anybetter or any worse than anyone else here. If it´s fun and makes you happy, then that´s all that matters. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Paul  China

Posted by Challenger77 on 18 May 2010, 13:18

So hello from Vienna,
i just joined today to post my dioramas ( if they ever will be finished....... ;-) ) plannig is for 3 dios today, one is really in work..............
iam modelling since 35 years , from ships to military. my focus today is on 1/18 rebuilds an tuning, and diorama in different scales. you can see some of my work on our homepage from the old 1:1 cars.
And i will say some really good work here !
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Paul on 18 May 2010, 15:31

Welcome Harry :-) And already your first post :thumbup:
Paul  China

Posted by Peter on 18 May 2010, 16:21

Paul wrote:Welcome Harry :-) And already your first post :thumbup:

Yes welcome indeed Harry :thumbup: But don't forget this is a 1/72 and smaller forum ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Challenger77 on 18 May 2010, 17:44

Thx!
paul i know i know, if you look on my hp you will see a 1/87 Dio.............
Challenger77  Austria

Posted by Peter on 18 May 2010, 20:03

Challenger77 wrote:Thx!
paul i know i know, if you look on my hp you will see a 1/87 Dio.............

Peter is the name ;-)

I went to your homepage and I saw cars :shock: Couldn't find that dio of you. But that's no problem, just post the pictures on this forum ;-)

Welcome again Harry :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Challenger77 on 19 May 2010, 06:55

Sorry Peter ! :?
i mean this one, well much cars, but its a dio of a cardealer.
http://www.mbvcoe.at/index.php?set_lang ... _willkomen
Challenger77  Austria

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Ochoin on 19 May 2010, 14:01

You couldn't ask for a nicer, more supportive forum.

I find the work posted here inspirational. I lack talent but will keep trying.
And meanwhile, get encouraging remarks from the membership.

donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Peter on 19 May 2010, 17:25

Challenger77 wrote:Sorry Peter ! :?
i mean this one, well much cars, but its a dio of a cardealer.
http://www.mbvcoe.at/index.php?set_lang ... _willkomen

Now I've seen it Harry ;-) Thanks, nice work :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by cabibel on 30 May 2010, 12:34

hello paul
i'm a ghost
i'm haunting this forum since 2008
i never reply or post any message (and i join today for answer ;-) ) but i want! i want! i want! (just for say "more exotic, colonial, regular french troops" for example)
so why ???
because my english is very terrific (i'm french, you know? i'm surprising) but the first reason is the lack of time to become a real good active member (three hobbies, two children, one wife scale 1/1, one good job - i lead 60 persons today - and a big flat in work)
but you can be sure i'm here every four days (minimum) :thumbup:
maybe the others quiet members and others ghosts can be in the same situation :P
friendly
cabibel  

Posted by Paul on 30 May 2010, 12:43

Hi cabibel and welcome :-)
I also haunted this forum for a long time before I joined, I think that´s common to do.

If you want more exotic stuff etc, then put it up ;-) :-) I also would like to see more "different" subjects. Go for it my friend. With one post you have been more active than quite a few (over 100 none posting members!! ) that have joined the mad house.

one wife scale 1/1, :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Paul  China

Previous pageNext page

Return to Forum & Help