Forum & Help

The forum is back online!

Posted by Benno on 04 Jul 2022, 22:43

Hi all!

The forum was offline since June 19th... as some of you might probably have noticed. ;-)

When I was notified of the forum being offline I was on holidays in Italy. Unfortunately I didn't have my laptop with me so I couldn't do the fix I normally do. Upon my return home a week later, I found out the problem was much more grave, so I contacted my webhosting provider.

Apparently there was an issue with a physical device that caused an interruption in their service. No data was lost, it's just that there's no way for me to access the files and data on their system.

Their staff was working to move and convert the server to another server, reconfigure stuff there and then move them onto another server. I was promised this would take up to 72 hours. Once that deadline was passed they said it would be back online again later that evening/night. Then that deadline passed and I was told it would be online on Friday...

After a heated email today they promised they'd bump this website to the front of the queue, which seemed to have an effect since it's back online again!

I'll still have to do some stuff on my end in the upcoming weeks but I don't think you'll experience any inconvenience of this.

Thank you for reaching out to me during the past 2 weeks. It was difficult to communicate effectively during this period since I had no website to communicate it on! I hope some of you have seen my posts in the Strelets forum as I didn't really know where else to communicate. It was also heart warming to hear how dear the forum is to so many. It feels good to me knowing this place is a special place for so many of you.

Also a special thanks to all forum supporters and people who've donated in the past: you are the reason this forum still exists. Without you I wouldn't be able to afford keeping it online. :beer:

Enjoy the forum again! :-D :yeah:
Benno  Netherlands

Forum Admin Forum Admin

Posted by Bluefalchion on 05 Jul 2022, 06:21

Thanks so much for all you do, Benno. I really missed this forum for the past few weeks.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Susofrick on 05 Jul 2022, 08:02

Great that it's back and I hope you had a great time in Italy!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 05 Jul 2022, 09:14

Benno,
yes the Forum,your Forum and ours is back on line. Upon seeing that it was,i could only think of one word to discribe my own feelings upon this subject. 'Solace', a comfit and consolation in a time of great distress. My own little space here is my relief,a place to share my thoughts and just chill out in comfort. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 05 Jul 2022, 10:08

Bluefalchion wrote:Thanks so much for all you do, Benno.

Practically, you've thanked him for being on vacation while forum was down :xd: :xd: :xd:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by sberry on 05 Jul 2022, 11:57

Although there are other forums*, too, this one here is for me THE place to be in the 1/72 world. So I'm really happy that the story of Benno′s Figures Forum continues!

*fora, of course, for all Latin language freaks out there
sberry  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Iceman1964 on 05 Jul 2022, 12:48

Very happy that the forum is back on, we have enough troubles on the other parts of our present life (covid, war, weather...), we need our hobby !!!!
Iceman1964  Italy

Posted by Santi Pérez on 05 Jul 2022, 13:03

Susofrick wrote:Great that it's back and I hope you had a great time in Italy!

I also join these Susofrick's feelings and wishes. It's only been two weeks, but they've been long for me. Nice to find you all again. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by santifernandez on 05 Jul 2022, 18:11

Without wanting to fall into repetitions, I like this forum and the friendly forum members... it's been a strange few weeks.
Thank you Benno for your effort.
Santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Posted by Rich W on 05 Jul 2022, 23:52

Great to have this forum back! Thanks to Benno and all forum supporters!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Return to Forum & Help