Forum & Help

Photo bucket returns!

Posted by Ochoin on 21 May 2018, 14:13

It seems as though Photobucket has come to its senses and again allows free third party hosting.

At any rate, the blanks here are now restored.

I need to thank Graeme, a prince amongst moderators, who helped me restore some of my work here , even though it now appears it was unnecessary.

Donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Ochoin on 21 May 2018, 22:02

The question is if Photobucket has returned, who will return to Photobucket?
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Susofrick on 22 May 2018, 07:21

That is a very good question! But we can hopefully share our old stuff now at least.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Silver Brush winner

Posted by MABO on 22 May 2018, 07:56

Am I wrong or does all the old pics returned in the post? At least a good result.
MABO  Germany

Posted by Ochoin on 22 May 2018, 09:08

MABO wrote:Am I wrong or does all the old pics returned in the post? At least a good result.

And with all due respect, Bennos is nothing without photos so get the old ones returned is definitely a " win".
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by MABO on 22 May 2018, 19:25

Well said, Sir. And I can imagine, that Photobucket failed in collecting money. So they give up their pirate-methodes. So well all can claim it a victory! :beer: :beer: :beer:
MABO  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 22 May 2018, 21:54

I have been on Tutorials today reading and seeing my pictures on many a topic restored. I sort of made that sub forum my second home for my unorthodox topics. As I read my stuff there,It felt rather like reading old comics when I was a child. A warm feeling of happiness. On wet cold days I`d sit inside our little house on the Avenue where we all lived. I sat up the front window on the large wooden window cill with my legs resting at ease up the wall, while i thumb my way through endless comics that I collected for such bright winged reading occasions.
I liked the sound and sight of the heavy rain hitting the cold of the window panes then, and I still do. Well enough to write of it here and now.

On the question of using Photo Bucket again.
I know that I will not deal with those blood sucking Pirates of The First Order ever again.
In fact the thousands of E Mails Photo Bucket sent me over the years went directly into my Spam Bin!
They were an utter complete Dam Pest!
The worst day of their P C Spamming activity on my E-Mail Account averaged five every hour.
So Mrs B, kindly blocked them from getting through. Good Riddance Too! BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by C M Dodson on 23 May 2018, 07:38

IT would seem that the extortion racket angle has failed to work.

It is. Nice to see pictures restored but personally the havoc caused by this action does not endear me to them at all.

Another great management idea, no doubt dreamt up by someone who has no knowledge of the envoiroment in which they operated, bites the dust.

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Ochoin on 23 May 2018, 08:15

C M Dodson wrote:IT would seem that the extortion racket angle has failed to work.

It is. Nice to see pictures restored but personally the havoc caused by this action does not endear me to them at all.

Another great management idea, no doubt dreamt up by someone who has no knowledge of the envoiroment in which they operated, bites the dust.

Chris
" Endear" is not quite the correct word. There may be something that sums up my feelings, starting with " e".
Enmity?
Eternal hatred?
Excrescences?

Donald
Ochoin  Scotland

Posted by Bluefalchion on 23 May 2018, 09:48

Now I can go back and admire despertafero's stuff again? :D

Amongst many many others...
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Graeme on 23 May 2018, 14:36

Donald.

Good news that your Photobucket pics are back but I noticed the threads with Postimage links still have missing pics.

Putting the copy of your thread with the restored pics was very quick and easy. Simply a matter of clicking the quote button (") at top right and changeing the .org in the links displayed to .cc. The only problem was it put my name at the top of the post instead of yours.

I know the moderators asked you for links in order to restore the pictures to the original post. After a few false starts I think I might have worked out how to get corrected links from your thread and post them. I've tried this on the Hannibal thread to see what happens.

I'm happy that your photos are visible again, I'm happy that BB's tutorials are back, there's some great modeling tips on there. And it's good that photobucket are third party hosting again, a potential plan B if I ever need one. But as for folks returning to Photobucket, i suspect a lot of people have found somewhere else to go now.

I didn't use PB but I did use Tinypic from the same company. Last time I looked the photos I have hosted there were still visible but the service was a complete pain to use with my wireless conection and at the time of the Photoracket scam tiny pic prevented me from uploading any new pics.

On a suggestion from Ironsides I switched to Imgur and it's so quick and easy. Works first time every time, I don't have to remember what bizaar keyboard ritual I performed to get on the site last time, I don't have to wait for their ads to finish loading so I can turn them off and have enough memory to actually upload a photo... Maybe!.. No maybe not, try again tommorrow.

While it works I'll stick with Imgur because I don't miss Tinypic. :mrgreen:
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Kekso on 26 May 2018, 07:19

I just got email from Photobucket. It says:

"For a limited time all of your 3rd Party Hosted Images have been restored. Please login to choose the plan that best fits your needs to continue hosting your images.

If a Free plan is all you want, we have it! Want 3rd Party Image Hosting for your forum, website, blog, or online store, we have it! Want more storage.....yes, we have that too!"

I don't have time to check it out right now, but I'm afraid that free 3rd party hosting is just for limited time :( :( :(

I hope I'm wrong.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Marvin on 26 May 2018, 09:41

Kekso wrote:I just got email from Photobucket. It says:

"For a limited time all of your 3rd Party Hosted Images have been restored. Please login to choose the plan that best fits your needs to continue hosting your images.

If a Free plan is all you want, we have it! Want 3rd Party Image Hosting for your forum, website, blog, or online store, we have it! Want more storage.....yes, we have that too!"

I don't have time to check it out right now, but I'm afraid that free 3rd party hosting is just for limited time :( :( :(

I hope I'm wrong.

Even if it is for a limited time - it seems that for those of us who have abandoned them, this might be a sign that Photobucket is being forced into rethinking its approach to this dreadful policy? Great to have photos back permanently or not, but most of us will not being going back anyway.
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Paul on 26 May 2018, 10:27

Photobucket Introduces New Management Team and Pricing Plan to Address Diverse Customer Needs and Re-establish Customer Trust

Denver, May 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Photobucket today announced new, comprehensive and flexible image storage and hosting options that are being rolled out by a new management team focused on doing the right thing for customers. To re-establish trust among its long-standing and new customers, Photobucket has made changes to its pricing model that includes a competitively priced plan that fits the needs of many of its customers.
Photobucket is now offering a new, competitive subscription package with an ad-free experience, storage and third-party image hosting for just $1.99 per month (or $19.99 per year) - which is 95% less than their previous image hosting plan. A free subscription option is still available to customers who do not require third-party image hosting.
Photobucket’s new CEO is Ted Leonard, a technology and finance industry veteran who has deep roots as an entrepreneur. Over the past six months, he has assembled an experienced and customer-focused management team that has been working around the clock to reinvent Photobucket’s pricing structure and packages in a way that will best support customer needs. The new management team has a vision for building a renewed Photobucket that can attentively and fairly serve customers while also moving toward a sustainable business model.
“We have taken back Photobucket and are working diligently to return it to the premier image storing and hosting service that it was known as previously,” said Ted Leonard, CEO, Photobucket. “There were some mistakes made and we acknowledge them. Our new leadership is dedicated to helping our customers do great things with their images in a fair, cost-effective and valuable way.”
As of today, all hosted images that Photobucket’s customers had lost access to last year have been restored.
“There are more changes coming, but we hope that this initial subscription offering and restoring access to customers’ photos will help to reinstate goodwill among our customers who had depended on Photobucket to conduct business and share their work,” said Leonard.

From;
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/ ... Trust.html

Posted Less than two weeks ago and They´ve already gone back on the above. It now costs $2.25 a month, not $1.99 for the cheapest Version with 3rd Party Hosting.
http://photobucket.com/plans/
Paul  China

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Beano Boy on 26 May 2018, 16:26

It`s just the same old crew but with new Pirate hats on. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Paul on 31 May 2018, 06:37

Virtually None of the links have been restored
https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/ind ... karpov-r5/
Paul  China

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Jun 2018, 01:40

At last I was able to unsubscribe from their mailing list.
A mailing list that has plagued my e-mail account for over three years.

Just another activated machine that had its button pushed to do so.

My pictures are unimportant to me now,but family`s and Artists the world over have had their work seized and held for ransom.

I hope they `photobucket ' get sued for extortion through the court system.

It is always a great thing when something small can kick the Butt of something so Big.
I wonder what their shares are selling for? BB

Faced with pending legal issues perhaps they might put the money they have in suitcases,
and do a runner after pulling the plug on their master computer. "Good Riddance!" I say.BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Jun 2018, 02:10

I just emptied my spam box of 168 photobucket e-mails in 10 days .
I wonder if they will still come in? Time will tell. BB
Beano Boy  England

Return to Forum & Help