Forum & Help

editor - cut n paste - cant clear the memory

Posted by deon on 17 Apr 2017, 20:17

So when I try to edit a post I cannot paste from photoshop as the text editor does not refresh I can only paste the lat thing copied in the text editor. even if I close the page and log back in the text editor is still unrefreshed - Sorry this forum is so hard to use
deon  United Kingdom

Posted by deon on 17 Apr 2017, 20:27

Sorry guys - even if I log out i cant clear the editor- does that mean Ill never be able to post a pick - ever? Guess my attempt to rejoin the forum may be over. Wish you all well,
Deon
deon  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 17 Apr 2017, 20:30

I think you should wait for a moderator to take care of your problem. There should be a solutions for you...
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by deon on 17 Apr 2017, 20:36

wish I was more tech savvy - can't imagine how they could fix that! I'll log back in next week.
deon  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 17 Apr 2017, 21:05

I'm not sure I understand what is exact problem but this might help:
a) Posts can't be edited after 30 minutes.
b) If you're trying to copy/paste picture from Photoshop directly to the forum you're wasting your time.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 17 Apr 2017, 21:12

You have to use photobucket or flicker or another image hosting site. Then you post a link. But the image shows up in the thread, if done properly. There is a how-to thread somewhere at bennos. It's cumbersome but there are logistical and liability reasons that the process must be so.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 17 Apr 2017, 21:21

Bluefalchion wrote: There is a how-to thread somewhere at bennos.

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47

Bluefalchion wrote:It's cumbersome but there are logistical and liability reasons that the process must be so.

Reason is very simple. If forum would host images it would require a lot of extra space on server. And space on server costs money :(
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by deon on 19 Apr 2017, 14:10

Sorry guys , its hard to explain...
if i select some text from my post editor, the text is held in memory.
lets say i write a post and find i cannot enter images. To save time i select the text and hit control 'c'. The text is saved . I delete the post and try again with a new post and use control'v' to paste my previous text. I then go to photo bucket, copy the link, come back my post but when i hit control 'v' to paste the image link, my pre saved text is pasted instead. There is no way i know of to clear the text from memory . If i select something else from the text window that can be copied but external image links cannot be copied and brought in. Three days later the buffer is clear so maybe ill try again.
deon  United Kingdom

Posted by Paul on 19 Apr 2017, 16:23

I´m not exactly sure what you mean.
I´ve just tested the control c and v etc in the order you´ve written and here..it all works fine, ie;
text below in italics copied from your above post..then here, Control C...
hit control 'c'. The text is saved
Then I went to your post on the elves, copied one of the pic codes and..pressed control V..and, no text but the pic code.
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo33 ... _10231.jpg

Surely, if it´s a new post then you write the text in and don´t have to copy it from somewhere? Even then, it still works the same.

Picked up a few of these second hand Games Workshop figure very cheaply and thought they'd be fun to paint. I do have lots of 28mm fantasy but I use my own rules which are generic and allow me to play any scale or period

Why, instead of the Keyboard short cuts, you don´t just use the mouse ??
Paul  China

Posted by deon on 19 Apr 2017, 16:41

Yes , i thought i would be difficult to explain, but thank you for trying to understand. i will try to explain again...

open new post
type text
try to use (wrong) img link from photobucket
enter (wrong) img l;ink into post
post preview shows no images (of course) so i select entire post text and copy it (text is saved in buffer memory)
delete first post
open new post and try again
paste text
try to use correct link from photobucket
try to paste link to post but text editor pastes all post text only not the link from p.b.
after several tries i realise text editor buffer is not refreshed when i select items from p.b but it is refreshed selecting other text from within the post editing window

So , no problem, if i have to delete a post i will start again from the beginning and not try to save the text. Now i have found that the 'Direct' p.b. link works i will use that and I am able to post fine.

thank you for your efforts :)
deon  United Kingdom

Posted by deon on 19 Apr 2017, 16:44

As for using ctrl 'c' &'v' i was trained to programme many years ago before there were mice! plus its faster :)
deon  United Kingdom

Posted by Paul on 19 Apr 2017, 17:58

:yeah: Ok, now I get it.
Paul  China

Return to Forum & Help