Forum & Help

Poll - supporting membership

Why I'm not supporting member?

I can't afford it.
23%
I don't know how to become supporting member.
5%
I'm too lazy to start procedure of becoming supporting member.
9%
I know better ways to spend my money.
5%
I'm just cheap.
5%
I'm already supporting member.
55%

Total votes : 22

Posted by Kekso on 14 Dec 2013, 20:48

Ok guys... you know server isn't for free, Benno's time isn't for free too and guy needs to pay some bills (and buy some figures and paints if anything lefts after paying bills :-D ).

I really want that this best forum in the world, this bastion of 1/72 and smaller scale figures survive. That's why I started this poll, wondering why we can't give up of one cup of coffee or one glass of beer per month? I think we should give back to this forum at least part of what it's giving to us.

I would like to point out that your votes are anonymous and that Benno has nothing with this.
I did it on my own and I'm ready to face any consequences for my action. Feel free to post
your comments too.

Cheers :beer:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by armpcm on 15 Dec 2013, 00:33

Great poll mate :thumbup: I have casted my vote and currently tring to buy a 6 pack to Benno :mrgreen:
armpcm  Portugal

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Susofrick on 16 Dec 2013, 09:02

Agree totally! Great poll and great forum.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bourbaki on 16 Dec 2013, 11:48

Can't afford now and the gf will probably kill me
Bourbaki  Spain

Posted by SamSagace on 16 Dec 2013, 23:06

Very nice from you to support our mentor ! without Benno's Forum, I don't know if I should be a mini-painter now ....
SamSagace  France

Posted by Kekso on 17 Dec 2013, 14:28

Thank you for your comments guys... but just 13 votes while topic has been viewed 180 times in 2,5 days. Count in that there is more than 900 members and you get conclusion that people just don't care.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by SamSagace on 17 Dec 2013, 15:46

Just sad ! :cry:
SamSagace  France

Posted by Beano Boy on 17 Dec 2013, 16:02

As a Disabled person,who likes to scratchbuild model building`s,and also paint model figure`s,and as some know,Spin a Quirky Yarn! I have found this Forum that Benno started a Very Rare Gift! Yes Indeed so.Free Yes! But not without Cost! I am most happy that I decided to support the Forum! However I also support members who cannot afford the cost! Things are very Tuff ! Really tuff at this moment & lots of people are having to make do with what they have,or go without. Those members who can`t pay,perhaps could join in more by posting there work, or by making useful comments on this Forum.This supporting activity could attract more new members to the Forum! So even more could use this Special Rare Gift and make it even more Successful and perhaps even Better!
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 17 Dec 2013, 16:24

Nicely said Beano Boy... thanks.

To all: Let me be clear, I'm not blaming any person who can't afford supporting membership and as you can see, fortunately they aren't majority. But I think there is much more people here who doesn't care than those who can't afford it.

I would like to thank all people here who are helping this forum by supporting membership or by activities. :beer:
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Posted by SamSagace on 17 Dec 2013, 17:17

It's always difficult to say "hey, man ! I've no money !"
Sometimes also, we don't realize the cost of a site or a forum like this one because there are a lot of "free-forums" or which seem to be free !
(perhaps, you can add a question to your poll:
something like "I don't know that the forum has a cost !"

but yes, and I agree with Beanno : it's possible to give his contribution to the forum... and yes all the members who post their work, their questions, their ideas, their tutorials, their comments ARE contributors !
In the past, when I was a beginner, I 've had free painting lessons ... I don't forget and will never do !
SamSagace  France

Posted by Emperor on 17 Dec 2013, 17:39

I'm going to became supporting member, just as I get job, that is in next year...XD
I didn't knew there is a supporting member until few moths ago, and I would help, but I'm now in a problem with tumor, that slowed my whole operation in life, and slowed some activities...
Also, on political plan in my house, and my town, I got to clear some things, meaning politics of my buissnes...Too many people back at home had interfered with some of my plans for my future...
Emperor  

Posted by Peter on 17 Dec 2013, 18:51

I'm just to lazy! :mrgreen:

No serious. I voted for "to lazy", because I'm not a great fan of paypal. If I have to transfer money to paypal, I can also do that transfer to the bankaccount of Benno (one move!). There I could give a mondly order to do a transfer. ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 17 Dec 2013, 18:56

Peter wrote:I'm just to lazy! :mrgreen:

No serious. I voted for "to lazy", because I'm not a great fan of paypal. If I have to transfer money to paypal, I can also do that transfer to the bankaccount of Benno (one move!). There I could give a mondly order to do a transfer. ;-)

My thoughts exactly. :-)

Talked with Benno about this a few hours earlier today.

P.S.
Didn't vote btw, none of the possible answers does really fit.
Think I'll donate my share in the not too distant future anyway.

Very glad we have an independent 1/72 figures forum apart from the few manufacturers ones, where civil discussion seems to be almost impossible. :thumbup:
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by santifernandez on 17 Dec 2013, 19:03

in a few weeks I'll give economic aid, I think a very interesting survey and the truth is that we all would have to help a little more.
santi.
santifernandez  Spain

Return to Forum & Help