Forum & Help

Better archive mode for gallery possible?

Posted by Horatio Hornblower on 21 May 2012, 11:44

Hi guys,

I´m new at the forum and at the moment I´m going thru the galleries for a general overview. I miss a better sorting of the different periods for easier access to the things that are interesting to me. Why not for example establish groups like

"Romans"
"Mediveal"
"Great Northern War"
"American Independece War"
"Napoleonic"
"World War I"
"World War II"
"Civil Life"

and so on? That would be great due to the fact, that 78 pages of galleries (for 22 mm figures) are diffcult to scan, if you are interested in one special era. And some users make it even more difficult for the visitor by not typing a individual subject headline to their threat. Russians for example can be of so many conflicts and opening each file just to be disappointed because the subject are some olive green WWII infantrymen, instead of beautiful and coloured Nappies, doesn´t seem fine to me...

I would offer my help for sorting this in a correct manner, if time is the main problem for the admins and a solution to this "problem"... :roll:

Kind regards
Horatio
Horatio Hornblower  

Posted by Paul on 21 May 2012, 14:02

At the top of the forum there´s a search button. Ok it won´t find everything you may want to look at but that´s life.
As for sorting the forums into subject...Period would be better, say every 500 yrs or so..by subject it would lead to ever smaller and niche subjects being added making the forums unwieldy. I´ll add to that that the forum has functioned well without such..so far :-)
Paul  China

Posted by MABO on 21 May 2012, 14:49

And - in addition to Paul - I think you should discover the system before changing it after the first 4 posts :occasion:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Return to Forum & Help