Gallery

French Cuirassier 1815 Artmuniaturen

Posted by raph86 on 01 Mar 2022, 17:38

Hello,
yesterday I prepared a horseman that I had on the desk, a French cuirassier from Artminiaturen.
I got this figurine and his three comrades with a lot of metal figurines (almost all references of French cuirassier Artminiaturen) bought second hand here but I do not remember the name of the seller but he will recognize himself.
As he couldn't find the horses that went with these riders, he offered them to me.
I had the idea to use plastic horses coming from the French Napoleonic staff box from Italeri as I have some extra nags

The raw beast...

I started by cutting the saddle while taking care to keep the tack on...

After a few adjustments to match the rider who is moulded with the saddle between his legs, all that's left is to put him on his mount, for that I drill a hole under the rider and opposite it, a slightly larger hole on the horse's back in order to slide a metal rod in so that the glueing with strong glue holds properly...

Then as it was primed, last night I had this irrepressible urge to paint it and in two hours it was done, here is the result which I really like...

The other three riders will be painted on occasion if I feel like it...
raph86  France

Posted by MABO on 01 Mar 2022, 18:07

I like it as well. Super shading and washing. :yeah:
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 01 Mar 2022, 18:30

It looks great, but your WIP horse is different than the finished one! I presume that the conversion process for the grazing horse in the final shot was similar.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by raph86 on 01 Mar 2022, 18:44

Bluefalchion wrote:It looks great, but your WIP horse is different than the finished one! I presume that the conversion process for the grazing horse in the final shot was similar.

That's exactly it ;-) , thank you for your kind comments.
raph86  France

Posted by Bessiere on 01 Mar 2022, 19:27

Fine looking cavalier, very nicely painted. I love that Italeri horse model, it may be their best. I really wanted to get some Artminiaturen cuirassier casualty figures but the German website is beyond my meager abilities. Is there any other source? Kind of important as they would help put variety in the 400 figures of the 4th I'm working on.
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by Patrick71 on 01 Mar 2022, 19:54

That looks like a tough cuirassier. Very well painted ....and that in two hours? :shock:
Maybe I should try that too, painting a single figure completely at the time instead of a unit of ten or twelve. It's probably less monotonous and you see the result of the finished product sooner.
Anyway, I like your use of the dark blue for his tunic and saddle cloth and I hope you show him one time with his comrades.
thank you for sharing
Patrick.
Patrick71  Belgium

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 01 Mar 2022, 20:04

Very nice work!! :yeah: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Bill Slavin on 01 Mar 2022, 21:21

Yes, very nicely done, and the Italeri horses work really well. I just assumed that you had done such a great job at bringing the horse to life with your paints that it decided to munch a bit of grass. :-)
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by raph86 on 01 Mar 2022, 21:31

Bessiere wrote:Fine looking cavalier, very nicely painted. I love that Italeri horse model, it may be their best. I really wanted to get some Artminiaturen cuirassier casualty figures but the German website is beyond my meager abilities. Is there any other source? Kind of important as they would help put variety in the 400 figures of the 4th I'm working on.

I just checked the sales sites I know and apart from Artminiaturen, there is not much... or nothing.
In plastic but you should know them, there is Zvezda, esci, legio and a call to arms which make French cuirassier.
I have the 4 plastic boxes and Zvezda is obviously the most beautiful but it is impossible to mix the Zvezda with the 3 other brands which they mix not too bad concerning esci and a call to arms, however legio is limit.
For zvezda, only the cuirassiers of Artminiaturen can be mixed on a diorama I think my almost only reference available today ...

I can make you a group picture if you want to compare the dimensions and possible mixes.

I congratulate you for your abnegation, 400 cuirassiers it's just a pure madness, personally I think I will not succeed, already a box of 12 riders I drag my feet to finish them then 400 I dare not even think about it. I wish you good luck with your project.

Thanks again to all for your comments.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
raph86  France

Posted by Bessiere on 01 Mar 2022, 21:44

I'm painting them for the Waterloo in 20mm diorama and I've finished 300 figures so far. Trouble is creating casualties as I'm not great at conversions, especially guys falling off horses. Artminiaturen makes a really nice set of 4 with horse and riders going down. If anyone has that set I would pay premium for them. AM has a minimum 60 euro purchase plus shipping to us is too much for 4 figures you really need.

Posted by Patrick71 on 01 Mar 2022, 23:46

Hi Bessiere,

Maybe i can help you.
I will send you a pm

Patrick
Patrick71  Belgium

Posted by Peter on 02 Mar 2022, 21:15

It's a fantastic result indeed! Like it a lot! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by raph86 on 28 Sep 2022, 14:01

Hi, I finally finished the three other figures and put them on a little playlet.
I hope you'll enjoy it.

Thank you for watching and also for all your kind comments.
raph86  France

Posted by k.b. on 28 Sep 2022, 15:05

Very nice indeed. Beautiful Cuirsassier sculpts, beautifully painted.
I really MUST get my hands on some Art MIniaturen figures one day!
k.b.  Brazil
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Konrad on 28 Sep 2022, 18:08

They looking really good.
Konrad  Germany
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
Bronze Brush winner

Posted by Bessiere on 28 Sep 2022, 19:06

Excellent work Raph. My compliments on your painting skills. I found the metal figures particularly difficult to paint as the details aren't nearly as clear as they are on plastic figures. To place them all as finely as you do is testament to not just your skill as a painter but familiarity with all the details of actual soldiers. The standing figure reminds me of the old Airfix model but it's metal as well, is that correct?

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by raph86 on 28 Sep 2022, 19:27

Thanks David ;-) , indeed the artminiaturen figures are for the last ones I bought a bit complicated to paint in detail but these ones which are an old reference were better detailed I found.
I have an 1815 French infantry mounted officer on the desk and for the moment it is put aside as I find it difficult to paint.

The general is also in metal but this one is from Schilling and is the must have metal figure I've had in my hands so far, a pure marvel to paint.

https://www.schilling-figuren.de/produk ... le-pf-f08/

I had presented the set last year ;-) .

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24817

Thanks again for your comments :yeah: .
raph86  France

Posted by Peter on 02 Oct 2022, 13:19

Great vignette! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 06 Oct 2022, 06:44

Peter wrote:Great vignette! :thumbup:

Yes, I agree.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Gallery