Gallery

The Battle of Antietam ( Sharpsburg) 17th September 1862

Posted by Bessiere on 12 Jan 2022, 22:34

Funny how you "mislearn" things like names sometimes. Thank you for the edification. Poffenberger it is. I know your plate is more than full but perhaps someone with the video editing skills and desires might be able to further your audience. Videos can reach many who would otherwise not see your work and to me that is a shame. Just a basic overview of the battle with a couple personal stories would be a great educational tool. There simply aren't enough paintings of the battle and getting copyright permission can be impossible at times. I know for fact there are many young people with the right skills looking for opportunities. Just planting a seed that I hope will grow to fruition when the time is right. Yes, I am also pitching the idea to Capt. Siborne. The work by both of you deserves a much wider audience. Today's youth are missing out on history almost entirely and yes it's a bit of a personal crusade with me to address that. Cheers, Bessiere
Bessiere  United States of America

Posted by huib on 13 Jan 2022, 14:23

Beautiful made images with your story, Chris. Like an old picture novel.
huib  Netherlands

Posted by PhilC on 13 Jan 2022, 22:32

Excellent scenery! The fight in the cornfield is the one that impresses me the most, as if you took pictures from a movie.
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Susofrick on 14 Jan 2022, 09:21

Not only "Lots to do", but Lots to see! And another great TV-show from you! And just as the last, one of the best!
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by despertaferro on 15 Jan 2022, 17:54

This is one of the most interesting posts in all Benno's to me...
Very cinematic way to aproach the subject, not to mention the huge work involved to depict it this way and the care for detail and accuracy you show on every picture.
Some how reminds me Mr. Cryns style, posts that I enjoyed so much, time ago.
Keep them going, please...
Joan
despertaferro  

Posted by Graeme on 16 Jan 2022, 05:59

Excellent stuff once again. The pictures of the skirmishers in the cornfield and the artillery moving along the road are just sublime, real living landscapes.
Graeme  Australia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Previous page

Return to Gallery