Gallery

Ottoman Cavalry - XVII AD

Posted by Xantippos on 29 Jul 2021, 15:08

Here is my third project this summer :-) . I haven't found the time to photograph the civilian romans in all their glory (would require a field trip, ideally) so I photographed the Turkish Cavalry of Zvezda, which I just finished yesterday, after being about 9 years in the making :lol: .

I left them half painted, as I wasn't being very convinced, and I lacked some colours to finish them properly (I believe, it was gold and pink I think).

Anyway, a change of country and 3 removals later, with some damage to them, and more than one battle fought half-painted on wargames , here they are :-) . I tried to make them very colouristic, but I saw the need for some light inkings-shadowings. I experimented mixing with the varnish, as I didn't wash before the figures, and all the same, Zvezda plastic is so slippery, that without varnishing your work has disappeared before your eyes in no time.

Hope you like them :P . The Grand Vizier lost an arm in battle, and I had to make due with another Zvezda arm. If I find it, I'll rectify it :-) .

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Xantippos  

Posted by Peter on 29 Jul 2021, 15:24

Real nice and colorfull painted cavalry! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Bluefalchion on 30 Jul 2021, 13:26

Nine years is probably about the amount of time I would take for all those, as well. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by tullo on 30 Jul 2021, 13:37

:thumbup: :thumbup: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
tullo  Germany

Posted by Minuteman on 31 Jul 2021, 11:41

Nicely painted, well done! I have several boxes of this Zvezda set tucked away somewhere, and to be honest I'd forgotten quite how good the figures in this set are. Maybe seeing your pictures will now inspire me to get them out of the 'stash' and have a go at painting these colourful and exotic warriors.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Xantippos on 01 Aug 2021, 08:40

Many thanks for the comments ;) . Minuteman, yes, they are quite good, but one of those sets that are screaming to be painted, unpainted they look quite plain. Most of my soldiers are unpainted, and I basically choose to paint those that the colours are too similar to others for wargaming, one I have to physically convert to please me, or others that look very bad unpainted :) .
Xantippos  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 05 Aug 2021, 15:27

Nice cavalry.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Gallery