Gallery

Feuertaufe ( Baptism of fire)

Posted by Bill Slavin on 19 Jun 2021, 13:45

So let me get this right. To do this you actually set one of the buildings on fire?! :shock:
And I guess you built a perfectly beautiful station house and then smashed it to get the explosion effect in picture three.
Your work is brilliant, but your process is somewhat deranged. :eh:
Joking aside, I take my hat off to you and your commitment in creating something that has no life beyond the photos you take. It is a bit, no a whole lot, like cinema. I just hope these pictures get the audience they deserve. So looking forward to seeing the next one.
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by C M Dodson on 19 Jun 2021, 16:50

Hi Bill.

Yes, I love fire and fireworks!

The buildings are plaster so a good whack soon produces results.

As for future proofing, unless completely destroyed they will be useful for other projects such as a Normandy thing I have a hankering for.

I have attached a few real fire images from my Ligny re fight from which I learnt so much.

The only problem is that real fires can quickly exceed our preferred scale so caution is required.

The Mumma farm was razed due to tactical considerations at Antietam so my firefighters may come in handy there too.

The Guard at Ligny church.

His Majesty returns.

Burning trees. An idea from the Revenant film opening fight.

Best wishes,

Chris the pyromaniac.
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by JueHue on 21 Jun 2021, 03:31

Good morning Chris
I think your dioramas are simply excellent, I fully agree with the arguments of my prescribers. Sorry for the English, I only had 5 years in school. That's why I chose the form of the prescribers who speak more refined English. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
greetings Jürgen.
JueHue  Germany

Posted by C M Dodson on 21 Jun 2021, 08:13

Lieber Jurgen,

Danke für deine freundliche wirds.

Dein Englisch ist sehr gut.

Gruss aus England

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Previous page

Return to Gallery