Gallery

Nazgul/black Riders

Posted by carlosfaro on 09 May 2021, 19:12

Hi, some poses from recent Alliance set "black Riders" added to my own custom Nazgul group, so 9 foot and 9 horse distinctable figures were painted, some with wierd helmets, some capes, all Dark. ..(some basing still to do..)

So a representation including P Jackson films but also another literary sources, illustrations and even the old R Bakshi versión is performed..

More materiales at
http://sceavusall172.blogspot.com

carlosfaro  

Posted by Peter on 10 May 2021, 12:37

Great work Carlos! I like them all! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by bothree69 on 10 May 2021, 13:18

:yeah: :yeah: I think you know what I think .....
continue thanks ..
bothree69  Italy

Posted by PaulRPetri on 10 May 2021, 14:57

I love it Carlos! I have always been partial to the Bakshi film as it came out when I was in High School and 15 years old. Had a big impact on how I viewed the look of LOTR.
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by Graeme on 11 May 2021, 02:24

They all look fabulous Carlos, and it's interesting to see the different styles.

Personally I like the new Alliance figures. Not because that's the way Peter Jackson did them but because that's the way I've always pictured the Nazgul in my mind. That empty cloak and hood, come to life, look is really sinister. It seems Peter Jackson saw them the same way as me.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by carlosfaro on 11 May 2021, 06:36

Thank you for all comments.
I Must confess, I felt ay the beggining strangely worried or dissappinted when the Alliance set was released, as I felt that would interfere somehow with my own group of custom figures for which I was Looking a distinctable original look.. (that haooens yo me sometomes: after having readarched, collected and Converted/customized some specific figures for long time, then the market throws a complete set of such figures or similar, and I feel doubts, if to buy or not
I had to reealize however: It would be always my Project and if new figures with new poses were available, that was good luck for all,and only another chance for my own ideas!!! I decided to include some poses , allowing to complete 9 foot and 9 horse. i think It was worth of trying
carlosfaro  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 11 May 2021, 07:52

Nice work! Saw the Bakshi-movie at 14 or 15 and was a bit disapointed with the orcs, but the black riders were just as sinister and scary as they should be! Or a bit better! Saw Jackson's version too, but didn't stick to my memory that well. Have the comic-version of the Bashi-movie too.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Susofrick on 12 May 2021, 07:48

Pretty strange. We've been talking about the Bakshi-movie, today it is a HUGE article about it in my morning paper and they show it on a local cinema!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by MABO on 13 May 2021, 07:46

I have seen it at the same age in a privat screening, just after reading the books and I remember, that I was really disappointed when it ends after the battle of helms deep with a credit that everything went well in the end.

So for me the Jackson Trilogie is the match for my memories.

Concerning the figs of Alliance, I have read at Pauls blog - btw. where is he? He did not post anything for quiet a long time - that the riders did not fix on the horses very well. What did you say Carlos?
MABO  Europe

Posted by carlosfaro on 13 May 2021, 11:42

So nice, this post opened so many thoughts, memories and even a re-screening of Bakshi film! In my case as Child , I first had only a cómic versión of Bakshi Movie made from filshots..Always scared me a lot and I really learnt the story from there...
Then I read the books (solo loooong) and finally Jackson films.
I Saw Bakshi original film only some years ago and feeling was a little diappointing as well, specially for the old and humble special effects..The cómic versión had been too much estimulative un my childhood!!!

About Alliance figs: True, they do not fit well on horses.l..I had to make some trimming between Riders legs..Additionally I used metal horses from Tumbling Dice with head armor which suited quite good and are bigger..You can maybe realize them in my picañs

finnally: Paul come back please!!;
carlosfaro  

Return to Gallery