Gallery

war of spanish succession - austrian cuirassiers

Posted by sansovino on 06 Mar 2021, 16:15

Only some first appetizers.....

Austian Cuirassiers which are very transformed from former Waterloo 1815-ECW Roundheads: other helmets, boots and coats - thanks again some cuts and many greenstuff!

The painting isn´t finished and the riders aren´t already fixed...... and not already washing

sansovino  Germany

Posted by Minuteman on 06 Mar 2021, 19:19

Very good Sansovino.

I have been on the edge of converting figures to make Bavarian WoSS cuirassiers, but have held off since Strelets now seem to be promising an expanded WoSS range: It is not known whether this expanded range will include cuirassiers in helmets, but who knows, it may do??? They have recently hinted at cuirassiers maybe wearing tricornes (a set of French Cuirassier du Roi perhaps), and a head swap on these figures might provide a very good Bavarian/Austrian cuirassier?

Will be interested to see how these figures turn out once painted. I am using a few of these 'Cromwell's cavalry' alongside many more Revell Swedish cavalry for my TYW project.
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 06 Mar 2021, 22:05

So far so good. :thumbup: I'm also looking forward to the finished figures! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Michael Robert on 07 Mar 2021, 17:25

Hi Sansovino,
like you I have painted the Austrian (or Bavarian) curassiers. However, I 've used the Streletz Swedes from GNW for them. First I wanted like you use the Waterloo Roundhats but the poses seemed too awkward to me. The more I admire your conversion efforts. Now, the poses of the Streletz Curassiers are not really great neither...
Show us the finished piece!
Greetings
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by sansovino on 13 Mar 2021, 19:18

The imperial austrian cuirassiers are nearly finished. I recognised that my trumpeter is still missing his wash.

It´s quite difficult to find for WSS besides the french good informations to theirs uniforms.

Here Regiment Cusani for which I used the best uniform-plates to the WSS which I knows:
https://www.baccus6mm.com/includes/prod ... xt.inc.php

I am not already satisfied with the quality of my photos which where done only with artificial light. The cuirassier coats are regular more sandy and different to the yellow horse-covers which colors looks now quite similar.

Like I mentioned it already, all figures are transformed Waterloo 1815 Roundheads.The transformations were mostly some changes of the helmets, the boots and coats - and indeed the arm postures.

The many shooting figures in this set were mostly transformed to injured or fallen riders like the one in front which has still one foot in a stirrup. And the trumpeter is the only figure from a Zvezda Nordic War-set.
sansovino  Germany

Posted by MABO on 14 Mar 2021, 08:28

Excellent work and conversions. Great appearance as a group. I would like to see some close-ups of individual riders.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Egbert on 14 Mar 2021, 09:39

Very nice conversions and great painted figures.
Something completely different from an era that doesn't
appear as often in model making.
The whole thing will later certainly look very spectacular
when the riders attack all together as a crowd.
Egbert  Germany

Posted by sansovino on 17 Mar 2021, 17:00

MABO wrote:Excellent work and conversions. Great appearance as a group. I would like to see some close-ups of individual riders.

Your wish is a pleasure for me ... now only with daylight

sansovino  Germany

Return to Gallery