Gallery

Mars US Paratroopers set 72120

Posted by Wiking on 22 Jan 2021, 16:29

Hi, CPN thank you for your reply.

CPN wrote:
I could create a dozen of German WWII infantry divisions divisions without using the same figures.

I agree with you.
In my opinion we need more figures of "rarer Nations" like Norwegian, Greek, Romanian ...
There are for sure a lot of German stuff.

CPN wrote:
The problem we have with the allies is that there are not plenty and very often don't cover the great range of poses as their German counterparts.

The first part of your sentence I see different, check the PSR side of Periods, WWII, Allied Nations.
For the second half of your sentence yes, I am agree with you of the poorer allied poses. Check the pose of the Pegasus Waffen XX sets !
And I want to add once more.
We get Preiser multipose (Cäsar, too) but NOTHING of Allied figures in the same kind like Preiser multipose figure.

CPN wrote:
A quick example if you compare avalaible British or US mortar crews available and their German counterparts you can clearly see something is wrong.

Mortars are not so mine but a quick check at the big figure player let me come to the conclusion that you are right.

CPN wrote:
As for alied paratroopers , they might be one new set created every 20 years. That is not really plenty, ...

Allied Paratroopers:
IMEX Easy Company (no mortar) 2007
Italeri: Anti tank teams (Para, with mortar, with PIAT) 2009
Zvezda: Soviet Para (no mortar) 2012
Cäsar US Para: 2012 (no mortar) 2012

... and never include support weapons such as mortars, isn't it.

I think that mortar point is up to you.

CPN wrote:
British commando in their normal uniform from DDAY to 1945= none.
And so on.

That is exactly what I want too. Different Nations, units. Look at my first sentence.

CPN wrote:
What was the contribution of Don cossack again? :-D

Yes, a lesser known unit.
But not unimportant.

I agree and have to agree with you in several points.
I am with you that the Allied figures offer in 1/72 is in quality and pose behind the German stuff.

Paratroopers are not standard soldier in my opinion.

So I stay to my written words again.
There are plenty of standard US, Russian, German, English soldiers sets on the market.

Have a nice day.
8)
User avatar
Wiking  Germany
 
Posts: 2564
Member since:
14 Sep 2015, 10:03


Posted by Wiking on 22 Jan 2021, 17:08

Mars, thank you for your reply.

Mars wrote:
The PSR like choose the badest sprue from 4 which we put in bag .

My experience show the totally opposite.
I own figures (Hegemony) they are shown far much better at the PSR page as the one I finally got direct from the manufacturer. I do a short report here at Bennos Figuren Forum about that Hegemony figures.
I own some figures, brands and they look in shape, pose (not always in color) like the one at PSR.

Mars wrote:
They ever try to do poorest photo.
(for example sets German Naval Troops have good detailing but it not seems good on PSR image).No good details but flash is looking good.I mean my Mars sets.He like some another manufactures much more :-)

The German Naval Troops set I own. The commander.
Image

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Set ... 72112b.jpg

I think that PSR show us simply what they get. Nothing else.

But in the end it is nice to see that you increase the details and quality of the newer Mars figure sets.
:yeah:
User avatar
Wiking  Germany
 
Posts: 2564
Member since:
14 Sep 2015, 10:03

Posted by CPN on 22 Jan 2021, 17:44

Mars wrote:yes we can do new poses with another weapons.We could add mortars or something else and it will seems cool.
So i want say what all standing poses is not straight in this set .All in action.So they not as Zvezda size.I am agree with it but i have place pictures with another Mars sets and it is not very different but agree what it might be 5% go up.
So sorry for smell plastic.We use this plastic type for this set only.It might not smell when you will use primer before paint and will removed from sprues.its ⁷plastic is good for paint.You can see painted from this plastic in up of page.


Hi Mars and Wiking,
Great debate here and very nice to be able to exchange directly with a producer.

Don't worry for the smell, I agree it will go away once painted.

As Wiking said, your niche is the unusual nations or gaps within nations. Quality seems to improve with each new sets so carry on and maybe adopt a the following pattern of two German sets for one allied set released.
I live it to Wiking for a list of ideas. ;-)
Cheers mates.
CPN
CPN  France
 
Posts: 180
Member since:
11 Nov 2014, 17:15

Posted by Peter on 22 Jan 2021, 17:58

Mars wrote:The PSR like choose the badest sprue from 4 which we put in bag .They ever try to do poorest photo.(for example sets German Naval Troops have good detailing but it not seems good on PSR image).No good details but flash is looking good.I mean my Mars sets.He like some another manufactures much more :-)

As a producer of figures I would send PSR the best sprue of figures I have for the review. So who is to blame here? :eh:
User avatar
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator
 
Posts: 19619
Member since:
25 Mar 2008, 18:51

Posted by Mars on 22 Jan 2021, 19:34

Wiking wrote:


The German Naval Troops set I own. The commander.
Image

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Set ... 72112b.jpg

I think that PSR show us simply what they get. Nothing else.

But in the end it is nice to see that you increase the details and quality of the newer Mars figure sets.
:yeah:


I like your photo much more :-)
Peter wrote:
Mars wrote:The PSR like choose the badest sprue from 4 which we put in bag .They ever try to do poorest photo.(for example sets German Naval Troops have good detailing but it not seems good on PSR image).No good details but flash is looking good.I mean my Mars sets.He like some another manufactures much more :-)

As a producer of figures I would send PSR the best sprue of figures I have for the review. So who is to blame here? :eh:

We dont send sprues to PSR.I had sent it many time ago...The first parcel was been loosed in UK .I had send twice but it was not been delivered and was received back.So i never dont ship nothing else after it...
CPN wrote:As Wiking said, your niche is the unusual nations or gaps within nations. Quality seems to improve with each new sets so carry on and maybe adopt a the following pattern of two German sets for one allied set released.
I live it to Wiking for a list of ideas.
Cheers mates.
CPN

We have start with 2 new sets .
72121 German Paratroopers in Winter Uniform
72122 German Panzer Crew in Combat.
I was place German Paratroopers winter.So you must know how it seems.
The Panzer Crew is latest set and i will show it soon
User avatar
Mars  Ukraine
 
Posts: 51
Member since:
17 Jun 2010, 18:51

Posted by Bluefalchion on 22 Jan 2021, 19:53

Cool to talk to the producer directly. I hope you will keep making sets. The more the merrier. Even if they are not perfect they are still useful.

Especially late war stuff or topics that have not yet been covered. Non-combat poses are also quite under-represented. What about Battle of the Bulge, 101st Airborn soldier in a great coat standing sentry smoking a cigarette.
User avatar
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 2780
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Mars on 22 Jan 2021, 19:56

Bluefalchion wrote:Cool to talk to the producer directly. I hope you will keep making sets. The more the merrier. Even if they are not perfect they are still useful.

Especially late war stuff or topics that have not yet been covered. Non-combat poses are also quite under-represented. What about Battle of the Bulge, 101st Airborn soldier in a great coat standing sentry smoking a cigarette.

thank you.
Dont sure about soldiers with cigarette but we will made US Infantry winter dress for Bulge!
User avatar
Mars  Ukraine
 
Posts: 51
Member since:
17 Jun 2010, 18:51

Posted by MABO on 22 Jan 2021, 20:28

I can only agree with Bluefalcion. Fighting figs are already on the market, so some figs waiting in their foxholes would be a great addition. And I would also recommend to work on the size. I think a lot of your customers will compare them with Italeri or Revell, so this is the benchmark, I would say.
User avatar
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)
 
Posts: 7428
Member since:
12 May 2008, 18:01

Posted by Wiking on 22 Jan 2021, 21:43

Thank you Bluefalchion and Mabo.

A few options:
Camera teams, war reporter, figures work with a earphone, different pose for building foxholes, to clean his fire arm, several different sitting and lying wounded soldier, fallen soldier, shaving soldier, a haircut scene, and as a special peeing soldiers (probably the best seller) :-D
User avatar
Wiking  Germany
 
Posts: 2564
Member since:
14 Sep 2015, 10:03

Posted by Bluefalchion on 23 Jan 2021, 00:08

Just sitting around eating from a mess tin or drinking from a cup. These are not toys for children which could glamorize tobacco use inappropriately; rather they are historical miniatures intended for adult modelers. Smoking was so nearly universal for the American GI during this era that cigarettes were part of their standard rations, and I believe it was similar for Germany and other belligerent powers.
User avatar
Bluefalchion  United States of America
 
Posts: 2780
Member since:
23 Dec 2010, 07:57

Posted by Mars on 23 Jan 2021, 10:27

MABO wrote:I can only agree with Bluefalcion. Fighting figs are already on the market, so some figs waiting in their foxholes would be a great addition. And I would also recommend to work on the size. I think a lot of your customers will compare them with Italeri or Revell, so this is the benchmark, I would say.

Most from our WWII figures have size from 22,5 to 23 mm.It seems good in compare with another brands as with 22 mm so as with 24mm too.I have received many letters from customers and 90% is happy with our figures size.Only 10% want more size in up.
Wiking wrote:A few options:
Camera teams, war reporter, figures work with a earphone, different pose for building foxholes, to clean his fire arm, several different sitting and lying wounded soldier, fallen soldier, shaving soldier, a haircut scene, and as a special peeing soldiers (probably the best seller)

Thank you for your ideas.You can found 1 pose with radio guy in our new set German Paratroopers winter.!So all calm poses might be interesting but it is better for very limited edition.May be from resin.
It is good for diorams but not good for battles.
Bluefalchion wrote:Just sitting around eating from a mess tin or drinking from a cup. These are not toys for children which could glamorize tobacco use inappropriately; rather they are historical miniatures intended for adult modelers. Smoking was so nearly universal for the American GI during this era that cigarettes were part of their standard rations, and I believe it was similar for Germany and other belligerent powers.

We put 4 sprues in box .I dont sure what all want 4 smoking poses or 4 drinking.It is usable as 1 pose for set.So this market is better for resin manufactures.
User avatar
Mars  Ukraine
 
Posts: 51
Member since:
17 Jun 2010, 18:51

Posted by CPN on 23 Jan 2021, 10:36

Dears Mars,
I concur with all your points above in regards to "calm"poses which are the niche of resin providers and we don't need 4 or mor of them in a box.
As for the size a good 23mm should be the aim.
I again I am very pleased with this thread and your dialogue with the community.
I am looking forward for your next allied project, the battle of the Bulge.
Kind regards.
CPN
CPN  France
 
Posts: 180
Member since:
11 Nov 2014, 17:15

Posted by Mars on 23 Jan 2021, 11:30

Thank you for understanding!
I have place announced new set .In Mars news section.
Welcome!
User avatar
Mars  Ukraine
 
Posts: 51
Member since:
17 Jun 2010, 18:51

Previous page

Return to Gallery