Gallery

No doubt, the best soldiers of the history...

Posted by Carlos on 04 Jan 2021, 04:01

Nice you like it fellows, thanks.
The junk Yard Wars is all a speaciality in modelism ;-) .
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Graeme on 04 Jan 2021, 12:13

Absolutely wonderful scene!

And with universal appeal because it must bring back fond memories for all of us. Really love this. :love: :love:

It does look a little bit different to the last time I remember playing soldiers on the building site though; I sank in the mud up to my chest. :oops:

Bluefalchion wrote:Is that a Wolverhampton jersey?

Could be, Old Gold and Black; I thought No. 9 looked a bit like a young George Best but I believe even at that age he had a ball permanently glued to his foot. I'm sure Carlos's subjects had some different stars to emulate.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Bill Slavin on 04 Jan 2021, 15:05

I think you struck a chord, Carlos. It echoes my childhood as well - there was no army in the world we couldn't thrash with our homemade tommy guns and tripod mounted gas can machine guns.
Just lovely.
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Carlos on 04 Jan 2021, 20:28

Well, the yellow jersey can be whichever club you want, Wolverhampton, Borussia anyone, the one you like the most.
The true story is that I grew up in a small town lost in the northeast of Argentina. In my town there were five sports clubs, one of them was Sarmiento, (yellow and black), in the "gang" we have a fellow, he was "canillita" (in Argentina, before the laws that ban child labor, newspapers and magazines were distributed by children called "canillita") he worked to take some money home and distributed newspapers by bicycle, that the reason he is qith a bicicle in the dio.
He played soccer in "Sarmiento" and was all the time wearing his shirt. He played very well, so we called him "Pele" (we all had nicknames, you will laugh at me, I was a defender but I moved all over the field and allwais scored many goals they called me "beckenbauer" :xd: :xd: :xd: :xd: :xd: , because I played as a libero). Today "Pele" is the technical director of children's soccer, but he works as a police officer. Almost all the children in the diorama represent someone I knew (im not there). You will see a child with a red shirt with a number 9, that is the shirt of a national club, Independiente (I hope there are no liverpool fans here), in the gang there were two Independiente fans, myself and another Kid (niknamed "Petaca", in english "hip flask") who had the number 9 shirt, that corresponded to a 70's professional player called Galvan.
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Bluefalchion on 05 Jan 2021, 02:12

Carlos wrote:Well, the yellow jersey can be whichever club you want, Wolverhampton, Borussia anyone, the one you like the most.
The true story is that I grew up in a small town lost in the northeast of Argentina. In my town there were five sports clubs, one of them was Sarmiento, (yellow and black), in the "gang" we have a fellow, he was "canillita" (in Argentina, before the laws that ban child labor, newspapers and magazines were distributed by children called "canillita") he worked to take some money home and distributed newspapers by bicycle, that the reason he is qith a bicicle in the dio.
He played soccer in "Sarmiento" and was all the time wearing his shirt. He played very well, so we called him "Pele" (we all had nicknames, you will laugh at me, I was a defender but I moved all over the field and allwais scored many goals they called me "beckenbauer" :xd: :xd: :xd: :xd: :xd: , because I played as a libero). Today "Pele" is the technical director of children's soccer, but he works as a police officer. Almost all the children in the diorama represent someone I knew (im not there). You will see a child with a red shirt with a number 9, that is the shirt of a national club, Independiente (I hope there are no liverpool fans here), in the gang there were two Independiente fans, myself and another Kid (niknamed "Petaca", in english "hip flask") who had the number 9 shirt, that corresponded to a 70's professional player called Galvan.

Very cool to hear the story behind each kid. What a magical time of life. I can well see that you have not simply combined these elements at random.

I think Argentina is a wonderful country. I have been through Buenas Aires but spent most of my visit in Cordoba. It has been a long time ago, now.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Emperor on 05 Jan 2021, 11:00

This remind me on an old construction site back in 90s...It had mound of earth and a wire fence with birbed wire on top of fence near the mound...On some places mound of earth with fence and birbed wire was near building where distance of building wall and mound with wire and fence was only 1,5 meter wide... Like some WW1 landscape...
Emperor  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Previous page

Return to Gallery