Gallery

French and Indian War game 2

Posted by John Simmons on 29 Oct 2020, 16:03

In addition to setting up the table for our upcoming French and Indian War game (pictures of the table are in my last post), I've been painting and basing troops for the game. I'm no expert on uniforms of the period, and I'm certainly not a master painter of tiny figures. But I think they mostly at least look the part -- "good enough for a game", as we like to say. I'll try to post some pictures from the actual game later on.

Both armies get a few pioneers (for creating and clearing obstacles, building fortifications, etc.). And both armies have limited amphibious capabilities. First, Indians (and friends) on the lake:

Rangers on the lake:

French regulars:

French irregulars:

French Indian allies:

French siege train:

British regulars:

Provincials and militia:

Rangers:

We've agreed that the first dice roll of the game will decide how rapidly the French delegation to the Indian village (below) can persuade the Indians to join them in war -- thus deciding as well how long the British and allies have to discover, counter, and prepare for the French attack:

John Simmons  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 29 Oct 2020, 16:14

It all looks fantastic! Looking forward to the next post with pictures in this topic! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Rich W on 01 Nov 2020, 10:16

Looking good! I hope you'll continue to share photos on this game. I can see Redbox British/militia, Italeri Native Americans, Revell Austrians and AWI militia. Which other sets have you used?
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by John Simmons on 01 Nov 2020, 14:53

There are a lot of conversions from many, many different sets here (including Viking rowers into Rangers!). But the sets (besides those that you mention) that I used most (again with numerous conversions) are the IMEX Indians and pioneers, the HAT Prussians, the BUM rangers (with their floppy plastic stiffened a bit), and the awful Waterloo rangers (with lots of swaps to eliminate the silly Hollywood trousers and headgear and removal of bases to shorten them). There are also a bunch of metals from NEWLINE and IRREGULAR.

Our game was originally scheduled for this weekend, but it had to be postponed. I'll post pictures of the game whenever we manage to get it re-scheduled.

Posted by John Simmons on 01 Nov 2020, 15:56

I forgot to mention the NIKOLAI resins, STRELETS 1812 militia & Tecumseh, Franznap metals, and an older line of very nice French regulars in metal (whose name I can't remember).

Posted by MABO on 03 Nov 2020, 08:28

You have an interesting clean painting-style. The table and all units looks impressive. I will also follow this game.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Return to Gallery