Gallery

Some new WW2 stuff I've worked on

Posted by Fire at Will on 02 Jul 2020, 21:21

A Panzerbefehlswagen IV

This is my entry in memory of John Dowman on the Wargamers Forum. It is a command version of the Panzer IV with an extra radio and reduced ammunition stowage to allow it to be fitted.

The basic kit is an Airfix Panzer IV with cutdown turret shurtzen from I think a Hasegawa Panzer IV. There is an extended periscope on the turret and two ariels added.

The star ariel for the long range radio is a brass etched part from Dan Taylor modelworks and I'm not sure how well it will stand up to wargames use.

A couple of pictures from the Braille scale discussion group that I based my vehicle on. I decided no to bether with the zimmerit

It's nice to see how poorly the tank numbers are painted

A pair of sdkfz 8 half tracks
Two versions of the same vehicle entering France in 1940 then leaving in 1944. It is a very cheap 4D model of an sdkfz 7 that I bought from Hong Kong/China, which took months to arrive because of the lockdown. It is over scale as 1/72 but matches the 12t sdkfz 8 in 1/76. There are no decals, stowage or crew provided with the model, so I raided by bits box to provide them. The two models only cost £7 including postage.

Entering France

Leaving in 1944

Not sure what they will tow yet, but most likely are a 100mm schwere Kanone 18 for early war and a 88mm Pak 43 for late war.
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Posted by Peter on 16 Jul 2020, 17:19

Great work Will! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery