Gallery

Late Achaemenid Persian Army

Posted by Fire at Will on 29 Jun 2020, 21:22

Catching up with my progress as recorded on my blog:-

Chariots and Commanders
It's been a while as I had some problems with paint supplies, I use Humbrol acrylic sand 63 as undercoat/primer and I was running out. I found somewhere on the web who could supply them. But after despatch I had an email saying they weren't included in the order as they were out of stock. A rather panicked search around and I decided to try the Vallejo primer instead as it was available. So here are the scythed chariots followed by the commanders.

One of the chariots was obtained as a swap without any horses or crew so I had to sort out something to replace them.

The colours are very odd as the commanders chariot (at the back) should be purple not blue?

Persian light infantry
a more varied selection of troops, six units in total.

In the front Cissian archers, then slingers and then more "persian" archers

Persian Levy

The last pair of units for my Persian Army, These are those bought along to fill up the numbers.

The right hand unit is made up of two different nations, Sakae to the right and Sogdians to the left. The other is a bit of a mis-mash of remaining figures

The Sakae and Sogdians had head swap to increase the variety.

Conclusion
I should say that this completes the army, but I'm sure to find other bits and pieces to add, and I've already decided to rebase my Greeks to match so I can also use them as mercenaries as well as opponents.
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 04 Jul 2020, 14:32

Fire at Will wrote:Conclusion
I should say that this completes the army, but I'm sure to find other bits and pieces to add, and I've already decided to rebase my Greeks to match so I can also use them as mercenaries as well as opponents.

I often wonder if things like “completed armies“ or “finished projects“ do really exist or if they belong to the world of myths and legends. ;-)

Thanks for sharing this extensive piece of work, your colourful Persians are a great sight. Already looking forward to their Greek counterparts! :thumbup:
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by ToneTW on 04 Jul 2020, 23:21

Amazing army and lovely choice of colours!
ToneTW  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 05 Jul 2020, 13:14

I second that!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Bill Slavin on 05 Jul 2020, 13:24

And third, it! Really vivacious colours - they will look great on the table.
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Peter on 16 Jul 2020, 15:58

What a wonderfull painted and based army! Show us more Will! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Previous page

Return to Gallery