Gallery

War of Spanish Succession

Posted by PaulRPetri on 11 May 2022, 13:43

Excellent work as always Rich. Is that one big base the figures are mounted on? And is that a base sold by To The Strongest rules fellow? Just curious.
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by Minuteman on 11 May 2022, 14:12

PaulRPetri wrote:Excellent work as always Rich. Is that one big base the figures are mounted on? And is that a base sold by To The Strongest rules fellow? Just curious.

I think Rich did advise on the provider of the bases a while back, although a reminder would be helpful.

I guess that my question is whether these very fine units will be 'slotted together' in a much larger diorama (Blenheim village I believe). I'm wondering, if this is so, how the well-ordered ranks here will fit into the mayhem and disorder of one of the hardest-fought actions of the C18th?
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Rich W on 12 May 2022, 00:03

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement everyone, it is appreciated.

Paul-I use Sarissa Precision Terrain Tiles. I only use these because they are practical MDF bases in 3 sizes and I'm too lazy to go and buy MDF sheets to cut myself! I get them from Arcane Scenery (in case anyone is looking to try them).

Mark-it's been far too long since you showed us your updated armies, get your hurry on! There are no real plans to put them together as one big diorama, I just want to have several different units from the battle represented. If my general modelling skills were up to it (a la Chris D), then I'd love to build a huge Blenheim village diorama. Alas...
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by PaulRPetri on 12 May 2022, 15:04

Thanks for the base info Rich. They look great!
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by Patrick71 on 12 May 2022, 19:27

I seem to be a little bit behind in my likes and comments in this thread (and in others too :oops: ).... So for the record: what a nice colour schemes, detailed painting and fine bases! Although i 'm not that familiar with this era and war, it is very pleasing to see your mini's.
Thank you for sharing!
Patrick71  Belgium

Posted by Santi Pérez on 26 May 2022, 19:17

Wow, Will, your latest unit is outstanding (as are all the previous ones). You look like a painting machine, where do you find the time to build so many units so fast and so well? I envy you a lot. :mrgreen:

My best congratulations. :yeah:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Previous page

Return to Gallery