Gallery

War of Spanish Succession

Posted by PaulRPetri on 10 Jul 2021, 16:15

Rich that is one fantastic looking regiment!!
PaulRPetri  United States of America

Posted by Minuteman on 10 Jul 2021, 16:28

North and Greys Regiment look very good indeed here Rich. Your painting is to a very high standard, and I very much like the way that you are using the poses in the Strelets British infantry sets to create a realistic firing line, three ranks deep. Great work!
Minuteman  United Kingdom

Posted by Fire at Will on 10 Jul 2021, 20:35

Great work, I'm enjoying seeing how everyone is tackling the same subject in their own style :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Fire at Will  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 12 Jul 2021, 11:10

These Redcoats are really impressive
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Rich W on 28 Aug 2021, 13:38

Here is North's Regiment in platoon fire outside the village of Blenheim. Needless to say, I am loving the Strelets WSS range. Everything else I had (Boer War, Zulu War, Lord of the Rings) has gone right to the back of the painting queue for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for looking.

Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Santi Pérez on 28 Aug 2021, 13:59

Rich W wrote:...Needless to say, I am loving the Strelets WSS range...

Sure enough, it didn't need to be said, Rich. :tongue:

It's true that the Strelets WSS figures are great ones, but your exquisite paint job elevates them to a higher level. :love: :love: :love:

Fantastic work. :thumbup:

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Bluefalchion on 28 Aug 2021, 16:07

Quality of paint job and color choice?

Impressive.

Volume of figures produced?

Very impressive.

I like the faces, too.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Peter on 28 Aug 2021, 19:45

As you ask me they must have a fantastic stock of red paint over the channel! :mrgreen:

Excellent work Rich and I like those bases! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Minuteman on 29 Aug 2021, 10:35

More wonderful work Rich, well done!

The three rank firing line formations that you are modelling here look just right, as does the great paint-work on the figures. I'd say that you have pretty much perfected the art of painting these Strelets WoSS British infantry figures. In doing so, you have set a standard for us others to try to follow!

I can see that, after a summer of 'go slow' on the painting front I'll have to get back to the studio and complete some WoSS units.

PS: The aerial view you have posted seems to slow large unit bases with possible inter-locking wavy lines? Is there a design-intent behind this?

Posted by C M Dodson on 29 Aug 2021, 11:51

Really impressive work although I wonder if the files would have been a little closer?

Your work is brilliant and the faces bring them to life.

The output of Stretlets is magnificent and you do them more than justice with your units.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Rich W on 31 Aug 2021, 22:44

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Considering the high quality of all your outputs, all your praise is very much appreciated.

Chris-yes I'm sure the ranks should be closer! But then I'd have to paint more figures to fill the bases up...!

Mark-the bases are Sarrissa Precision bases, the idea being that they all interlock and come in different sizes so can be joined together in different ways (designed for wargaming terrain?), but I just use them as they seem practical enough.
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 04 Sep 2021, 07:16

A fantastic project. So nice to see the figures you paint and what you created with the Strelets sets. I also agree with Chris concerning the closer ranks but if it works for you than it is the benchmark.

I am looking forward to see more units from you.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by dombom on 13 Sep 2021, 08:41

Wow, they look very beautiful. I like them a lot.
Great job you have done ;-)
dombom  Germany

Posted by Rich W on 18 Oct 2021, 23:57

It's been a while since I posted as I've been busy getting married and honeymooning! But I'm back to reality of life again and have some more figures finished!

Here is the French Regiment Navarre, one of the regiments who defended the village of Blenheim/Blindheim. When I get around to it, I'll try and base/model them as attempting to 'break out' (unsuccessfully) of the village towards the end of the battle.

Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by Minuteman on 19 Oct 2021, 08:46

Congratulations on getting married, Rich ! I hope things went well in this 'only just post-pandemic' world we are living in right now.

I can imagine that juggling arrangements for a wedding etc will have made even a small amount of modelling/painting almost impossible to fit in, but you have done a fine job on these figures representing the Regiment of Navarre. Although the figures are not yet based, the way you have laid them out gives a good impression of a 'breakout attempt' from Blenheim village. Well done!

Posted by Bill Slavin on 19 Oct 2021, 14:31

I'm glad o hear you are back to what is really important, Rich. Just kidding - congratulations! The new additions to your army look fabulous.
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 19 Oct 2021, 22:14

You did what? Married? Without asking us? Manman you're really looking for trouble! Or with us or with your beloved woman! :mrgreen: :joker:

I want to say two more things:

1. I wish you a long and happy marriage! :love:

2. And a lot of figures to paint as good as the ones you show us here! ;-)
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Rich W on 25 Oct 2021, 23:15

Thank you all. It has been a chaotic couple of months, so glad to be back to something slightly more relaxing for a few hours a week! I'll post some dragoons photos soon!

Mark, are you going to be adding your excellent Duke of Marlborough photos to your thread on this forum? I often turn to your WSS thread for inspiration so it's handy to have them all in the same place!!!
Rich W  United Kingdom

Posted by sansovino on 26 Oct 2021, 11:43

Congratulations for your wedding! Enjoy your honeymoon! And please return afterwards with new regiments to us back. We will miss certainly your wonderful troops in the next weeks.
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Rich W on 05 Nov 2021, 01:01

I think Strelets have done an excellent job of this set and I've enjoyed painting them. These dragoons are from the Mestre De Camp General regiment, one of the squadrons defending the village of Blenheim/Blindheim.

Rich W  United Kingdom

Previous pageNext page

Return to Gallery