Gallery

The harem of pharaoh

Posted by sberry on 05 Dec 2019, 15:45

Thank you for the links! There is really a nice range of figures to select from, the range is huge ... but unfortunately, the prices are huge, too. I really do not understand the politics of Shapeways, I have noticed some extraterrestrial prices also on earlier visits.
sberry  Germany

Posted by stephane42 on 05 Dec 2019, 19:16

It is the policy of the site that suddenly increased prices just to make more money.
I contacted the 3D manufacturer of Egyptian men's figurines, Panzer VS Tanks, who told me he could print them cheaper ... I have an order in progress. He have got a lot of figurines...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/G4BM4YWWM/1-72-ancient-egyptian-boat-crew-set101?li=ostatus&optionId=67834060
stephane42  France

Posted by Graeme on 10 Dec 2019, 04:22

Absolutely wonderful diorama. The buildings are magnificent, the female figures are beautiful, the Nubian slave is very impressive and I love the cheetahs, I like the way the lying one is doing that unique cat thing of flicking just the very end off it's tail. Awesome detail!

Michael Robert wrote:Was there a Pharao with a harem?

Well Rameses II was famous for having hundreds of children with his many wives and concubines. And I heard about another Pharaoh who made alliances with all of the neighbouring rulers by writing to them and asking them to "Send me one of your daughters to be my wife". I think it was common for Pharaohs to have more than one wife, for instance Tutankhamun 's mother was not Neffertiti but one of Achnaten's junior wives. It's a logistical problem I've never had to deal with but I suppose a Harem would be a handy place to keep them all. ;-)
Graeme  Australia

Posted by stephane42 on 22 Dec 2019, 10:26

Hello, I have a little more time to respond to your comments. First of all thank you for all the comments you have put.
I only created the Egyptian musicians by giving the position to Battlefigs who created the 3d file and printed them. (Thanks to him ;) ).
https://www.battlefigs.com/
The others I found on the web ...
And it is true that 3D printing is a huge complement to the creation of diorama. After if we want to do everything by computer I think it will be possible but create a field, trees manually (scratch) it's super nice.
For the whole diorama, I wanted to make an imposing piece but not too much to be able to store it. Also the different situations are what they are in life with places where there are people and other more empty ...
There is little documentation on the pharaoh's palace built in brick ...( That the stones have stood the test of time) and even less on the harem, it was by watching a report on Arté (French channel) that I got the click!
Have a good day ! :-D
stephane42  France

Previous page

Return to Gallery