Gallery

Signs of life

Posted by stenfalk on 02 Jul 2019, 19:44

I greet all the readers of the forum. I'm sorry that I have not posted any news for a long time, but I am again very ambivalent, my hands hurt and my mood suffers and makes me often listless. Occasionally, however, I manage to finish some figures that only need a little finishing touch. Or I try as a painter and give a different color to various animals.

I post today just a few photos that have not been paved here, without explanations. I would be glad, if you are interested you would like to read the deposited background information in my website.

stenfalk  Germany

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by C M Dodson on 02 Jul 2019, 19:50

Hello Mr S.

I hope that you are getting better.

Your animals, as always are fantastic.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 02 Jul 2019, 20:49

I am still waiting for the snake and the moose. Nice to see you here again. You know your project is unique and everybody is interested in news!!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Beano Boy on 02 Jul 2019, 23:38

Myself and Mrs B, loved the dogs especially

and one looked like my Dear Sponge who passed away 8 years ago.
i still sure miss him every day. i guess i always will?

Decry this if you dare.

Torsten.
Having mixed feelings due to illness is a something of a struggle at times i must admit, so having empathy i understand such feelings myself. i just end up confused by it all. So i leave it for another day and move onto other important things that i can do. I thank God that i am still able to think and write down things quickly and without hesitation like now tapping this down. Writing so is my therapy, and my happy release from such indecisive staves of constant change. As a Veteran i must admit i have no worries concerning gaining a living as that was done and dusted away with 35 years ago when i became disabled due to injury while serving my country. Anyway my friend remember that you are not alone, there are many like us, and my advice is, if you feel really tired out go to bed and sleep. Day or night this is how i deal with that.

i hope you do well in your endeavours to work with your hands as you certainly do have a gift for it. From the evergreen gardens that are my part of Fiddle Wood UK. i Sincerely wish you well. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Bluefalchion on 02 Jul 2019, 23:58

Those are really magnificent animals you have created! As BB says, mind your health. I really enjoy your works and your company here in this community.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Graeme on 03 Jul 2019, 06:58

Hi Torsten, it's good to hear from You; I really hope things improve for you soon.

There are some wonderful pictures there. The Eagle eyrie is absolutely beautiful, and do I see a Foxhound? :love: :love:

I really like the little dog lifting it's paw and the painted St. Bernard looks terrific; perhaps he's watching Napoleon coming up the pass. :-D

All The Best.

Graeme.
Graeme  Australia

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by sberry on 03 Jul 2019, 07:20

Hello Stenfalk,
it's good to have you back here! And the range of your animals is absolutely impressive.
sberry  Germany

Posted by Susofrick on 03 Jul 2019, 08:15

Totally impressive and I am very happy that you are back!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 03 Jul 2019, 10:10

Thank you for posting! :yeah:
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Wiking on 03 Jul 2019, 12:03

Good to see your great work.

As BB wrote I too like this dog most.
And all fishes are also a good addition in your fauna.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Leonid Kireev on 03 Jul 2019, 19:03

How alive! :yeah:
Leonid Kireev  Russia

Posted by Santi Pérez on 07 Jul 2019, 12:56

Once again a fantastic job, stenfalk. A wide variety of animals (each of them perfectly recognizable), especially the dogs breeds, great attention to detail (including the surface of the skin), poses full of life ... and everything in this tiny scale (like the 2 Euro cents coin testifies). :love:

Best regards. :-)

Santi.
Santi Pérez  Spain

Posted by Michael Robert on 07 Jul 2019, 14:18

Hi Stenfalk,
glad you are back, alive and kicking. All my best wishes
...and yes, your project is great and expanding and truly a joy.
Michael
Michael Robert  France

Posted by stenfalk on 12 Jul 2019, 23:19

My dear friends! Sometimes words help better than medicine. And just because you can not buy them, they are all the more valuable. I am very grateful for your kind wishes and I hope all of this will happen. Thank you all so much!

When I thought up for a colorful presentation of my figurines the decision for the website was easy. Some of my photos in this context I showed already here. But what would be on fairs or exhibitions? I began to build my first two 4x4 cm small works. To the animals I don't have to say much, the highland cattle is my 005-7, the big pig is the 011-7 and the three little piglets around it come from the set 004-1.

The piece of Highland Meadow is made around a "standing stone" from my garden. I just thought this stone was beautiful, and it's also a bit of a blame that I even got the idea. I am a bit proud of the 2 swallows, who maneuver around the stone in a daring low-level flight. They even have forked tails ... But they are only built for me, you can not ask anyone to mould and cast that.

The pigs are on the DioHistory base "Zaunecke" :thumbup: , which I have slightly rebuilt. The stone column was raised by one row and new covered again. The metal fence and the cartwheel I have done in my parts box and replaced by a selfmade wooden fence made of balsa. A little decoration on it - it was done!

I know that what I'm showing here isn't comparable on the most (real) large dioramas. But having to lower my sights is currently a recurring theme throughout my life. And at least I got something done. 8)

Although, to the pigs is still planned an older farmer, sitting on the ledge and smoking a cigarette or a pipe - but I'm still looking for a suitable figure. And someone who paints it for me... :oops:
stenfalk  Germany

Posted by Bluefalchion on 13 Jul 2019, 01:02

Wonderful works and I'll take that as a sign that your recovery is progressing nicely.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Wiking on 13 Jul 2019, 06:35

Small but great.
The animals as the nature.

The two swallows are amazing.
You should take it in your catalog.
Wiking  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 18 Jul 2019, 20:40

Awesome animal collection. I'm impressed.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator

Return to Gallery