Gallery

Napolonic Chevaulegers - Austrian and bavarian

Posted by sansovino on 21 Feb 2019, 23:15

I am still working on my armies for the austrian-french war of 1809....

Here my next figures ....
Austrian Chevaulegers, 7th regiment Nostitz with wonderful Art Miniaturen ..
and
Bavarian Chevaulegers, 2nd regiment König with GB-Miniaturen from Hagen Miniatures

the austrians

the bavarians

I will add still some more photos next weekend including bavarians generals and officers - with daylight the figures are quite better ....
sansovino  Germany

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 22 Feb 2019, 10:12

Have I said somewhere else how much I like green-pink uniforms? Nice work!
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by FredG on 22 Feb 2019, 12:41

Mr. Andrea wrote:Have I said somewhere else how much I like green-pink uniforms?

Yes. ;-)

Horses are always welcome here :yeah: :-D
FredG  United Kingdom

Posted by vellek on 22 Feb 2019, 21:56

Nice figures and even nicer brushwork.
vellek  United States of America
Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by sansovino on 03 Mar 2019, 12:28

Thanks for your friendly comments .... I was ill, so I am adding my better photos ...
It was a pleasure to work with really very, very good sculptures - besides some minor problems to clue them together...

The bavarian chevaulegers and general-staff are works of Massimo. I am still searching to find a uniform-illustration for the Säbelheft (english? the textille tablet of sabre) of a bavarian general. I didn´t have found any...and I have the same problem with the big feather-crest which I knows only from austrian generals ... who has better informations?

sansovino  Germany

Posted by sansovino on 17 Mar 2019, 14:12

Is there anybody still out there?

I had posted two new entries with questions and nobody try to answer me. Strange!
sansovino  Germany

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by sberry on 17 Mar 2019, 14:59

sansovino wrote:Is there anybody still out there?

I had posted two new entries with questions and nobody try to answer me. Strange!

Sometimes this happens: A nice and interesting post generates no or almost no replies, then the next, very similar post creates a blast of activity. Apparently nobody knows why (at least I don't), perhaps one should do some research on this phenomenon.
In the meanwhile, carry on with your contributions! Somebody is always out there to admire the stuff posted here, even when people at times (including myself) just don't bother to write something, although they should ...
sberry  Germany

Posted by Bluefalchion on 17 Mar 2019, 16:52

sansovino--

Also your pictures were so cool that some readers may have focused on them and skipped over the text. Also, you are in the Gallery section, a place to show finished works. If you have a question, you could make a seperate post in the questions section and you are more likely to get an answer there.

As for the Sabelheft, there are likely to still be some around in museums and private collections and the like. When I am wondering about how to paint a specific item, I sometimes do a google image search to see if I can find a picture of the actual object in question.

Hope that helps!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Graeme on 17 Mar 2019, 18:24

I thought someone who knew something about the bavarians might answer you but...

I looked, but I couldn't find anything in my meagre library so I looked online. There's only a few pictures of Bavarian Generals I could find and none of them seem to have a sabretache, I assume that's what you mean by sabelheft, the English word is the same as the French.

This sight has some pictures of generals if you scroll down, and near the bottom, a uniform plate showing generals uniforms, lace, shebraques,etc, but no sabretache. under this there is a plate showing generals hats with the feather plumes which seem to be either white or a mix of white and blue:

http://forum.magazin-soldatikov.ru/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=90&start=10

Here is a picture of General Wrede and what I assume is his general staff. No sabretaches except maybe a hint of a red one on the guy on the far right but I think that's probably the lining of his coat tail:

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/477100154260306604

Von Wrede's uniform:

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/353603008239409270

Another General:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/46/1e/b9/461eb90ee96e68abbb299559b58467ec.jpg
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Graeme on 17 Mar 2019, 19:06

Let's hope someone here can give you a definative answer but it seems to me that perhaps the Bavarians didn't have sabretaches. If your figures have them I can only suggest painting them cornflower blue like the uniforms or red like the shabraques.

P.S. Pinterest drives me nuts; half the time you can't get to the sight people lifted the pics from to see if ther's any useful imformation on there.
Graeme  Australia

Return to Gallery