Gallery

Atlantic - the sphinx and boats on the nile

Posted by praga on 17 Feb 2019, 14:25

When these toys - models and models from Atlantic in the 70's of the last century came on the market it was almost like a revelation for me. The detailing was outstanding and even now they are still top notch. Since then I wanted to build the figures as they were then pictured on the packs. Now, almost fifty years later, I finally built it. Had the luck to buy a whole bunch a few weeks ago. - at a moderate price. Geographically not quite correct but I do not care - just as I wanted to build it.
Best regards, Jens Hilgraf

praga  

Posted by sberry on 17 Feb 2019, 15:22

Lovely! Brings back memories of those days of the past ... I had a lot of this Atlantic stuff, too, although I never had the boats. I still think their Egpytian range was their best, compared to the Greeks (nice sculpting, but problems with historical accuracy) or their "Romans" (total crap).
sberry  Germany

Posted by Wiking on 17 Feb 2019, 16:23

Nice that you find these set.
What surprise me a little bit (positive) is the different wheels at the chariots.
And funny is the Chinese army (WWII) sign (Tamiya ?) at the front of one chariot.
The crocodile is placed nice protected behind the green, in the water.

At 0.42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea_9yGV61Dg
Wiking  Germany

Posted by MABO on 17 Feb 2019, 21:00

When I was young and these figs and sets are on the market, I missed buy them. You did a good job and give an impression to paint the chariots.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Susofrick on 18 Feb 2019, 09:24

Totally impressive! Great to see those Atlantic sets! I missed them when they came out. Had a break from figures nine years and did other things.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Michael Robert on 18 Feb 2019, 21:52

Hello Jens,

beautiful colours, beautiful pictures with nice optical effects. These Atlantic Egyptian sets were really cool. When I was a child I had a lot Atlantic as toys, but never these Egyptians - didn't interest me at that time - probably lack of action.
Today, I see it was one of their highlights.
You did them great honour with your painting. We know a lot today about Egyptians. They certainly loved colours, they loved beer, and they loved take their pharaons to heaven constructing unequalled pyramids and temples. Will we ever see so much devotion again?
Bravo again Michael
Michael Robert  France

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Kekso on 03 Mar 2019, 21:31

This is really nice and colorful.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Return to Gallery