Gallery

Elven guards and maiden

Posted by Gowan on 16 Jan 2019, 10:05

More fantasy figures for you all. I do have some humans in the works I swear. This time I am posting something closer to human so perhaps we are getting there. :P This time I present to you some elves painted up as guards with a black, blue and grey colour scheme. I have also painted up the person they are guarding (there is a word for that but I have forgotten it) an elven maiden. I thought her clothing a little simple to be a princess or the like. Oh and before I totally forget these are from the Caesar Miniatures set of elves. I hope you like them.

Gowan  

Posted by Dad's Army on 16 Jan 2019, 10:44

cool figures Gowan, well done
Dad's Army  Netherlands

Moderator Moderator

Posted by Kekso on 16 Jan 2019, 11:25

One of my first painted sets. I like your choice of colors... dark elves are so cool
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 16 Jan 2019, 15:25

I actually can't stand the figures, but I love the way you painted them. Thanks so much for showing us your work.

My objection to these figures is the same as my objection to Peter Jackson's movies--they are only (very) loosely based on the book and Hollywood-ized.

Tolkein would be rolling over in his grave if he could see elves depicted with their ears extended six inches above their heads...

Certainly not your fault Gowan that I am a LoTR book purist...
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Susofrick on 16 Jan 2019, 15:40

Agree with Aaron (still remember my disapoinment with Bakshi's movie-orcs when I was 14). I would like to see some strings on the bows, though.
Susofrick  Sweden
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Gowan on 16 Jan 2019, 20:13

Thankyou all, I too am not a huge fan of the ears (although the ears are more like huge fans themselves). I also don't have access to twine which is why they lack bowstrings. I plan to add some in future.
Gowan  

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Beano Boy on 16 Jan 2019, 22:59

I have stripped off the thin electric cable I use on my HO OO Railway to string bows.It is very fine hair-like wire,
but actually doing the job of stringing tiny bows is very much time consuming though.
One or two is a ok, but hundreds of the blighters forget it.
Really cool painting style on your figures. Fellowship of the Rings BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Curefan on 17 Jan 2019, 07:20

Great job with the paint and baseing! I like that the bottom of the cloaks are dirty. I have roughly 400 of the Caeser elves 1 and about 800 of the Caesar elves 2. I think I am a little weird because I prefer my mini's non-painted, but my terrain painted.?! At least as of now. Other than some Airfix Castles and fort, I dont really have any terrain yet but its on a very long and expanding list...lol. Soon I may need a 2nd mortgage!
Curefan  United States of America

Posted by Gowan on 18 Jan 2019, 00:30

Curefan wrote:Great job with the paint and baseing! I like that the bottom of the cloaks are dirty. I have roughly 400 of the Caeser elves 1 and about 800 of the Caesar elves 2. I think I am a little weird because I prefer my mini's non-painted, but my terrain painted.?! At least as of now. Other than some Airfix Castles and fort, I dont really have any terrain yet but its on a very long and expanding list...lol. Soon I may need a 2nd mortgage!

I didn't know that there was another set of Caesar elves? Will have to look out for some.
Gowan  

Posted by Curefan on 18 Jan 2019, 06:57

Yeah, they are great. Ebay has them listed twice (last I looked). Once for $10 plus shipping and the other for $19 plus shipping. You can also go to Caesar's website. Look under fantasy, 2nd page. Enjoy!
Curefan  United States of America

Return to Gallery