Gallery

Italian football team '70

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 13 Oct 2018, 09:08

Graeme wrote:But I can't help thinking that with a red shirt and less of a sun tan he'd make a really good Bobby Moore.

:eh: :xd:

The figure actually shows not much resemblance to Moore and sadly not to Gerd Müller neither.
I can see some similarities to the Horst-Dieter Höttges in 1970 though.
Of course it should wear a white shirt with a black eagle emblem then. ;-) :mrgreen:
http://static3.fnp.de/storage/image/5/5/7/6/386755_cms2image-fixed-605x320_1pwjDs_LRQuqn.jpg

Great paint job on this interisting figur! :thumbup:
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by Mai Strac on 13 Oct 2018, 09:23

:shock: Amazing work MaSt!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ciao.
Andrea
Mai Strac  Italy

Posted by Carlos on 17 Oct 2018, 22:08

Terrifc figure!!! nice!
Veri well painted, a master work.
Who is him? Roberto Bettega or Paolo Rossi?
These two gyus made me cry when I had 12 in the world cup of 78.

These words are still in my hart like a nigthmare.

"Bettega-Rossi de taco!!!...bettegaaaaaa GOL!.. señoras y señores...Italia se pone 1 a 0 frente a argentina"
("Bettega-Rossi of heel !!! ... bettegaaaaaa GOL! ... ladyes and gentlemen ... Italy is 1 to 0 against Argentina").
Wath a memory
Course my grand father was not so sad...he was Italian. "avanti azzura!!!" and then
the poor poor man saw the sadness of his favorite grandson and tried to comfort him with "dont be sad...better loose against Italy and not Brazil".
I cry cause i was a kid, but wath admiration I feel for these tow guys and is wonderful movement. They really deserve a memory.
Nice work, waiting for another players.
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by MaSt on 18 Oct 2018, 16:50

Dear Carlos, thank you for compliments and your post.I didn't see that match. I was just 9 years old guy in '78 and in Italy was around midnight . But I remember perfectly that goal and that night...our father was screaming like a crazy when Bettega did a goal :))))) I hope to post the other players as soon as possible.
MaSt  Italy

Previous page

Return to Gallery