Gallery

The rest of the Pegasus French WWI infantry

Posted by Marvin on 06 Oct 2018, 20:54

...And here are the rest of the figures for the WWI French that I've been painting. For the machine gun crews - see my earlier post here - http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21995&p=240757#p240757

Yep, you could say that I'm a fan of Pegasus Hobbies after painting these guys! :yeah:

Le Blog - https://suburbanmilitarism.wordpress.com/presentant-mon-infanterie-francaise

Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by Bluefalchion on 06 Oct 2018, 23:30

Marvin--

Pegasus has not put out a new set for a few years. If they ever do decide to produce another set, they should hire you to paint the figures for the box art.

Sales would be brisk.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Arkoudaki on 07 Oct 2018, 03:26

I think Pegasus have given up on 1/72 figures....focusing instead on Sci-Fi licensing deal kits. Obviously they are going where the money is, and it must not be that lucrative in 1/72 (given Zvezda and others giving up). So enjoy it while it lasts.
Arkoudaki  United Kingdom

Posted by Bluefalchion on 07 Oct 2018, 05:35

Arkoudaki wrote:I think Pegasus have given up on 1/72 figures....focusing instead on Sci-Fi licensing deal kits. Obviously they are going where the money is, and it must not be that lucrative in 1/72 (given Zvezda and others giving up). So enjoy it while it lasts.

Well, it's apparently already over. But we can buy up all their current stock, at least.

Sorry for the hijack Marvin. Your WWI French are truly sublime.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Kekso on 07 Oct 2018, 13:43

No horses, no fun... nicely painted but boring :xd: :xd: :xd:

Arkoudaki wrote: So enjoy it while it lasts.

Winter is coming.... so as cheap 3D printing as well ;-)
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Marvin on 08 Oct 2018, 20:56

Kekso wrote:No horses, no fun... nicely painted but boring :xd: :xd: :xd:

:lol: Well, I'm sure I'll be right back to fun horses before long! ;-)

That's a shame about Pegasus not doing any more historical figures. Imagine if they did cavalry too - I'd be a happy man.
Marvin  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Erich von Manstein on 15 Oct 2018, 13:25

Superb paint job on these great Pegasus figures. :thumbup:
This set may represent the best late WWI french in 1/72, but your painting really makes them look more "illustrious" than they already are.

On Pegasus and horses and all that, 12 to 14 (or even more?) years ago Pegasus announced quite a few fresh 1/72 sets.
Most of them got released after some years (WWII Fallschirmjäger and soviet infantry + heavy weapons, ... ), but at least one set seems to be lost since then: Polish WWII Uhlans. :shock:
There were even excellent master figures shown at an website which is closed by now.

After their venture into 1/72 quick-build vehicles and the gradual release of most of the once announced figures, it became very quiet around Pegasus.
Unfortunately, because I'm not the only one who thinks that they realised some of the best 1/72 plastic-figures so far.

Back to your very nice french infantry: if you would like more diversity, I can recommend Revell and Strelets (polish blue army) late war sets. When placed together cleverly, they mix quite well imho. ;-)

Anyway, again a great piece of work from you! :yeah:

Keep em coming. :-D
Erich von Manstein  Aruba

Posted by Marvin on 17 Oct 2018, 19:24

Thanks Erich, and that's very interesting information about Pegasus. :yeah:

My only hope is that the sculptor might fancy a job at one of the other manufacturers producing 1/72 scale figures! A great shame that they did not pursue the WWII Polish Uhlans, I'm sure they must have been great...
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 15 Nov 2018, 23:08

I have missed to post a comment here, Marvin. This is not my period, even if it is in everybodies mind at the moment. But once more you did a great job, painting these infantrymen.
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Return to Gallery