Gallery

Napoleonic Grenzers

Posted by ToneTW on 27 Aug 2018, 20:51

A few of the new Newline Designs 20mm Grenzers from the Napoleonic Austrian range. As ever nicely detailed miniatures which lend themselves very well to my usual painting method of blocking, washing then highlighting.

There are two advance poses, two firing poses and one loading pose. The command set is great and I love the NCO encouraging his men! Mixing the codes you can create a good looking irregular firing line. I am not an expert in Napoleonic era uniforms but these look close enough to what I have seen. I used a few plates from around the web and the Hat 1/72 Grenzer art work for reference. I still need to get a flag and base them but I will do that at a later date. Cheers!

http://showparade.blogspot.com/2018/08/austrian-grenzers.html
ToneTW  United Kingdom

Posted by MABO on 27 Aug 2018, 21:18

Interesting to see, that you are working on a complete different period. Nice painted. ;-)
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 29 Aug 2018, 11:47

This is so cool. Nice poses + quality paint work.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by ToneTW on 30 Aug 2018, 23:33

Thanks chaps! Yes Napoleonics is my 2nd favorite era I love the uniforms and history. I do have lots of "pending projects" across other eras and some in different scales too. However I am next pressing on with some Carthaginians for Zama then Seleucids and Attalids for Magnesia.

Cheers again!
ToneTW  United Kingdom

Return to Gallery