Gallery

Boudica (WARNING! nudity)

Posted by Phersu on 25 May 2018, 20:24

A recent request from a friend, and the new 21 mm mannequins I recently made... gave me the idea and the occasion to make a scene that I had in mind from some years.

This time I represented a very dramatic and sad episode about the Roman occupation of Brtitain.
The Iceni rebellion against Romans is well known as their famous Warrior Queen Boudica.
Far less known are the reasons behind all that, and especially the terrible cause that actually started the uprising… the sparkle that started the fire, or the "casus belli" to say that in the language of Tacitus, who told us this terrible story.
Buodica was exposed naked and lashed, while some legionaries raped her two young daughters.
The following uprising caused several massacres till the final bloody battle of Watling Street.

For obvious reasons I can show only a part of the scenery, and just part of the figures… but not the three unfortunate main characters. :oops:

Despite I represented the beginning, where there is just some nudity and not the explicit following "harder scenes"… but the subject is still so dramatic and brutal. :affraid: :(
So I chosen to advise about and show it only on my "adults access only webpage".
More images of the complete scenery and all the figures uncensored at this link:

https://sites.google.com/site/phersumak ... d-uprising

This is a partial view of the mini diorama, with Boudica lashing and the worst scenes with tormentors out of sight…
I hope the little blurred nudity still visible is acceptable! ;-)

The details of the Iceni civilians figures…

The evil governor Catus Decianus, that according to Tacitus was responsible for all the trouble… and then he escaped in Gaul, leaving the unarmed Roman settlers and the legions to face the Britons rage that he had provoked.
We don't know if Catus was actually present in person, but I presume that eventually a Publican or some other authority should be present… and this figure may represent both.

And the Roman Legionaries, some of which shown recently in the WIP threads.
As little comic relief after such dramatic subject, I thought that the "raper" could be used far more often also in other scenes, as someone just normally taking a pee…
This gave me the idea to make another legionary meanwhile, so I made also another legionary that is doing the "number two"! :xd:
Phersu  Italy

In memoriam

Posted by Graeme on 26 May 2018, 03:34

When I saw the roman with the whip in the WIP I guessed where you were going with this.

Tricky subject but I think your scene is a good representation of this pivotal moment in history and that you've generated outrage without crossing over into salaciousness.

I like the Decianus figure. Is that a bag of money he's holding, very appropriate. There's a red haired woman on my workbench who wants to drive her chariot over him.

I can picture two of those Romans in a model of Housteads or Vindolanda.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Phersu on 08 Jun 2018, 20:05

Graeme wrote:When I saw the roman with the whip in the WIP I guessed where you were going with this.

Tricky subject but I think your scene is a good representation of this pivotal moment in history and that you've generated outrage without crossing over into salaciousness.

I like the Decianus figure. Is that a bag of money he's holding, very appropriate. There's a red haired woman on my workbench who wants to drive her chariot over him.

I can picture two of those Romans in a model of Housteads or Vindolanda.

Thank you Graeme!
I'm pleased that no one got offended or scandalized, it was not easy to find the right way to represent such episode.
The story of ancient Britain and Roman domination always interested me, and since lived in Norfolk for a while... right in the Iceni land... I feel somehow involved and moved from this terrible story.
This time someone curiously crossed the limit in the opposite way... :(
You may imagine how I felt when a couple of costumers asked why I didn't made the following explicit sexual harder scenes instead!
I diplomatically answered that if he likes something like that they can use some "adults only" figures, that I and some other produce... for completely different and happier sceneries! ;-)
Phersu  Italy

In memoriam

Return to Gallery