Gallery

Monte Cassino

Posted by FatFather on 15 May 2018, 18:41

Hi,
After a few weeks of works, at least ready. Battle of Monte Cassino. Every army which was in fight in this battle could be proud. Polish corps took hills and closter in last, very bloody charge. Some historian says it was not needed fight in this moment of war.
So, I'm proud of this dio, for history and painted figures and ground. I would like to present some photos with detals. Believe me, I see my mistakes, but describe them.

Thank you for watching
FatFather  Poland

Posted by Hellboy on 15 May 2018, 20:27

Really great! :yeah: I really like your diorama! There is so much to explore. :shock: So many different characters with very realistic poses. I also like how you designed the landscape. The rocks, the soil and the vegetation look like real! Congratulations to this beautiful work !!! :-D
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by carlosfaro on 15 May 2018, 21:04

Really superb diorama,
I did not imagine you were so advanced when you wrote about tje "chocolate cake", good work!
carlosfaro  

Posted by Wiking on 16 May 2018, 05:19

Nice Dio.

I Agree with Hellboy:
I also like how you designed the landscape. The rocks, the soil and the vegetation look like real! Congratulations to this beautiful work !!! :-D

If you will show your Dio you should do a plate to the base with an information.
And maybe a man take a flag of the 12 Ulanenregiment.
Visitors will see only soldiers in British uniforms climbing up a hill.

There is a photo with a platoon leader called Mr. Czech who play the trumpet for the success.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by C M Dodson on 16 May 2018, 08:07

Super realisation of this terrible battle.

The use of the Hat sitting guys seems to add to the feeling of exhaustion suffered by both sides.

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Posted by Kekso on 16 May 2018, 10:54

That groundwork turned out so nice. And whole diorama is great as well.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by huib on 18 May 2018, 08:08

Very nice indeed. I was also very impressed by the painting of the rocks.
huib  Netherlands

Posted by FatFather on 20 May 2018, 11:03

Hi,
Thank you. It's very nice to read so many good words about my dio.

C M Dodson wrote:Super realisation of this terrible battle.
The use of the Hat sitting guys seems to add to the feeling of exhaustion suffered by both sides.
Chris
It was my plan. At first look on Hat sets (Germans, and Americans) I saw potential various combinations. here are the most interesting sets of Hat IMHO.

Wiking wrote: (...)
If you will show your Dio you should do a plate to the base with an information.
And maybe a man take a flag of the 12 Ulanenregiment.
Visitors will see only soldiers in British uniforms climbing up a hill.
There is a photo with a platoon leader called Mr. Czech who play the trumpet for the success.

Yes, you are write, but I'm not sure my works are so good to show them anywhere. I show them here, cause I can learn more from you. So maybe, some day...
About this photo, as you know polish soldiers took, almost empty closter. The most bloody fights were around main building, and hills around and lower. My plan was to show tired soldiers in march, waiting and start to fight. I want to add maybe two figures with wounded soldier and one medicine from Zvezda set.
Next dio in Monte Cassino theme will be meeting polish and german soldiers, but not in fight. I read about this episode of battle and saw this. When people from both sides were just, only humans, honours.
Thx
FF
FatFather  Poland

Posted by Bluefalchion on 20 May 2018, 13:10

Fatfather--

Your fantastic dio would make a wonderful addition to any museum dedicated to the Polish effort to take Monte Cassino. Keep 'em coming!
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Return to Gallery