Gallery

The Battle of Quatre Bras 16th June 1815

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 11 Jun 2019, 19:11

Once again, I am speechless!
Respect!!!! :yeah: :-D
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Mr. Andrea on 12 Jun 2019, 09:09

:drool: :drool: I don't where to start from. Give me time to find my way out of the pictures :shock:
Mr. Andrea  Europe

Posted by Beano Boy on 12 Jun 2019, 21:36

As a Member, we can click on the Full Edit, where much larger and clearer photographs can be viewed. I have long wondered, if this well worthwhile feature is being overlooked ? So i decided to post this little reminder. Upon seeing the action upon this topic develop with great guns, smoke and armies at each other i realise the Full Edit, to be a Perk indeed. i certainly got my 33 p`s worth today.

In my overactive mind,
Like Alice Through The Looking Glass,
Here we get To Venture Through The Window.

:coffee: What a Fantastic Sweeping Epic in Grand Style C M D. :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 15 Jun 2019, 05:47

The tension just keeps building with this one.

Great pictures once again, I love the firefight in the woods and the shot of the riflemen going into action. And the aerial shot of the landscape with the battle raging over it is just stunning.

Nice conversions for the foot artillery figures, lots of variety. And I really like the Ney figure, is he from the Waterloo 1815 white metal set?

Beano Boy wrote:As a Member, we can click on the Full Edit, where much larger and clearer photographs can be viewed.

Good tip Paul, Because I usually also see these pics at another place where they are in a larger format and I've noticed that the larger size makes these excellent pictures even better. Next time I view this topic here I'll go to the full edit feature straight away.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Bill Slavin on 17 Jun 2019, 03:16

The best part of neglecting this forum for a few months is that I can binge view all your recent posts! As always, these are the best - the scope, the scenery and the panoramas are mind- blowing.
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by C M Dodson on 19 Jun 2019, 22:50

Thank you to everyone for their kind comments, they are very much appreciated.

Special thanks to Thomas Mischak for some of the Brunswick hussars. His skill is far superior to mine.

With respect to Graham’s question it is the Waterloo set Ney.

I do not think much to the head on this figure and have therefore swapped it.

Why do manufacturers produce marvels of uniform detail and then settle on a lump for a nose on a face?

Schilling, Franznap and the Waterloo French infantry have lovely detailed faces that bring their work to life.

Hopefully more will follow suit.

The battle is approaching crisis point for the Allies with all three French Divisions committed .

Can Picton’s 5th Infantry Division and the Brunswickers hold on until re-inforcements arrive?

Where is D’Erlon?

Best wishes,

Chris
C M Dodson  United Kingdom

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Susofrick on 20 Jun 2019, 07:44

It's time for my favourite TV-show! Marvelous as ever! Totally impressed!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by C M Dodson on 24 Jun 2019, 17:26

url=https://postimg.cc/21Y7NNMV]Image[/url]

Dulce bellum inexpertis"

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it,
but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach.

Pindar (518 BC – 438 BC)

Posted by Bluefalchion on 24 Jun 2019, 19:20

The horror! But it is well done.
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by C M Dodson on 03 Sep 2019, 18:24

Timeline 4.40PM

The Allied position in the Bois de Bossu has been reinforced by Elements of the Brunswick Corps.

Fighting is fierce but the line is holding.

Contemporaneously, 3rd Regiment d'Infantrie de Ligne, Colonel Baron Hubert Vautrin is attempting to outflank this position but has been engaged by the Brunswick Avant Garde, Major Adolf von Rauschenplatt.

The Herzog von Braunchweig-Luneberg has personally led his hussars in order to halt the French advance at Ferme La Bergerie.

A consequence of this is that the hussars are now under accurate French artillery fire.

The French attack has stalled and the 42nd Regiment of Line, Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Robert Macara, is moving forward to expand the Allied perimeter.

The Allied position east of Ferme La Bergerie is under a concerted attack by the French 5th Infantry Division, Lieutenant-General Baron Gilbert-Desiree Bachelu.

His Grace, The Duke of Wellington is supervising the defence and support in the form of the Brunswick Leib Battalion under Major Frederich von Prostler is being organised.

However, 6th British Infantry Division, Colonel Carl Best, en potence to his Grace's left flank is also being assaulted by the French 2nd Regiment d'Infantrie Leger threatening the Allied rear.

Brunswick ulhans, Major Carl Pott commanding, charge the supporting French cavalry to try and relieve the pressure.

Marechal Ney, Duc d,Elchingen, Prince de la Moskowa has returned from the front line and receives an update of the action from Lieutenant-general Honare-Charles, Comte Reille.

French 2nd Infantry Brigade, Marechal-de-camp Baron Jean-Louis Soye, from Prince Jerome's French 6th Infantry Division is commencing its attack towards the crossroads.

French 1st Corps, Lieutenant-general Jean-Baptiste Drouet, Comte d'Erlon is expected to arrive shortly.

Ney is advised that lieutenant-general Francois-Etienne-Kellerman, Comte Valmy is awaiting orders. Unfortunately, as per his earlier order, only the 2nd Brigade, Marechal-de-camp Baron Marie-Adrien Guiton from the 11th French cavalry Division is present.

Nevertheless, the order to advance is immediately despatched.

The action is reaching its critical stage, the honour of France is at stake.

Vive L'empereur, Avant!

Posted by Paul on 03 Sep 2019, 19:28

:notworthy:
Paul  China

Posted by Beano Boy on 04 Sep 2019, 00:28

Mind blowing stupendous action packed pictures.
Lovely painting, scratch building and presentation.
Well done. BB
Beano Boy  England

Posted by Bill Slavin on 04 Sep 2019, 14:56

Ah, fantastic! Thank you for letting us delve into your miniature world again, Chris. I find the action going on behind the lines just as riveting as the fighting itself - such detail! I do, however, think his Grace would have no need of a glass to see those attacking French! :0)
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Susofrick on 04 Sep 2019, 15:23

As great as ever!
Susofrick  Sweden

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 04 Sep 2019, 15:39

:notworthy:
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by MABO on 07 Sep 2019, 14:09

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
So many figures... :shock: :shock: :shock:
MABO  Europe

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Graeme on 08 Sep 2019, 03:44

Outstanding once again. The close quarters fire fights all seem very real.

You could frame the second picture with the Avant Garde, excellent composition and with the diffused sunlight shining through the trees and smoke it's just a perfect shot.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Marvin on 08 Sep 2019, 10:14

This is like watching a film but made of stills. Wonderful to see. :)
Marvin  United Kingdom

Posted by C M Dodson on 14 Nov 2019, 16:54

Timeline 4.50PM

Overview.

The French 5th Infantry Division, Lieutenant-General Baron Gilbert-Desiree Bachelu and French 9th Infantry Division Lieutenant-General Maximillian-Sebastian, Comte Foy are heavily engaged with the Allied centre and left wing. This massive assault is causing the Duke grave concern.

Meanwhile, 2nd French Infantry Brigade, Marechal-de-camp Baron Jean-Louis Soye, from Jerome Bonaparte's 6th French Infantry Division. continues its remorseless advance on the Allied centre.

The Brunswick hussars, Major Frederich von Cramm commanding, have charged the French infantry between the Bois de Bossu and Ferme La Bergerie and despite suffering heavy casualties on the approach are engaged in a melee.

Unfortunately, the British artillery is severely handicapped in target acquisition by undulating terrain and the tall crops. Nevertheless, No2 Company Royal Artillery Brevet Major Thomas Rogers has redeployed to assist the Allied centre.

His Grace, The Duke of Wellington has received news that 3rd British Infantry Division, Lieutenant-General Count Carl von Alten is approaching Quatre Bras, but, will it be soon enough?

To add to the Duke's woes, Lieutenant-General Francois-Etienne-Kellerman Comte Valmy is proudly leading the cuirassiers of French 2nd Cavalry Brigade straight at the Allied centre.

Marechal Ney senses victory is at hand. 'Avant, la victoire est a nous, mes braves'.
Last edited by Peter on 20 Feb 2020, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed hour on request of the author with the fat finger! See next post! :-D

Posted by C M Dodson on 14 Nov 2019, 17:13

Apologies, this should read 4.50 PM.

FAT FINGER SYNDROME.

Chris

Previous pageNext page

Return to Gallery