Gallery

Roman Rebels - at the edge of the empire

Posted by Xantippos on 01 Apr 2018, 09:06

Some more ancients, this time Late Roman Infantry. Although nice, I put off buying these until more or less there was nothing else I didn't have at the model shop... !

Once purchased, their plastic colour commanded me to give them an exciting paint job.

I decided to paint them as Roman Rebels, fighting for the imperial crown, in an eastern province, ready to overthrow the legitimate Emperor.

As usual, more pics in my blog, https://toysoldierchest.blogspot.com.mt ... roman.html

I hope they can be appreciated well enough, if not, let me know and I'l ltake indoor pics of them.
Xantippos  

Posted by Beano Boy on 01 Apr 2018, 17:12

The pictures are fine ,and larger ones can be viewed by members clicking onto the `Full Editor.'
Super cool painting. BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Ben90 on 01 Apr 2018, 22:41

Very nice! The colors remind me in the eastern-roman rebels from Rome Total War :-)
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Posted by Chariobaude on 02 Apr 2018, 10:20

Hahaha, like Ben90, I immediately thought about the vanilla version of total war-BI ! :xd:

Those MiniArt 72012 are hugly as hell, it is pretty difficult to get something from that set.
Fortunately other manufacturers offer better set, like the Italeri 6137, pratically perfect... and with engraved shield patterns !
Chariobaude  France

Posted by Xantippos on 02 Apr 2018, 21:30

Many thanks for the comments. I am glad to see there is plenty of Rome Total War fans out there like me! a lot of my painting and modelling is influenced by Total War. There is a before and after Rome Total War and it's following games :) .

They aren't as bad as some, it's true many faces are just missing, but if you are lucky and you get a good set (the flash can vary hugely, I was quite lucky to get a good one, but I have seen some very bad ones) you can still get nice figures out of them. I like the proportions and lifelike poses.

Next soldiers I take pictures I will make them in studio, the difference is huge. I am seeing the pictures and they don't look half as nice as they are in person...

Btw; the banner is straightly taken and printed from the original file in Barbarian Invasion :P .
Xantippos  

Return to Gallery