Gallery

Battle on the Ice diorama

Posted by Beano Boy on 11 Feb 2018, 05:53

I like to look at things in the extra line of writing the story too. It is that often what one first see`s is never for certain the outcome we ourselves would envisage.
The Bishop will overcome that fellow with his mace crushing his skull like a nut during a wintertime celebration. Meanwhile I would have added the glint of cold steel in the left hand of the man upon his knees. A knife aimed up and into the lower private parts of the man towering over him. With the certainty of a polished kill that over bearing fellow would receive a pain of such an unexpected vital ripping,that would most certainly be his agonising finish. Therefore in my fancy of imagination the Bishop and his man would be the victors of this battle on the ice.

However there is of course no such glint of cold sharp pointed steel in that left hand,so I leave the outcome of this fantastic battle to your imagination and not to mine.
Sometimes great art deserves a better ending based upon fancy rather than perhaps historical fact.
Wonderful Painting & Presentation Ray. :thumbup: BB
Beano Boy  England
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Graeme on 11 Feb 2018, 16:26

Very realistic looking clothing and armour and real vitality in the figures.

Stunning composition too, I think you've really captured the up close intensity of Medieval battle.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by Ray.Caruana on 16 Feb 2018, 09:37

Thank you Peter, BB and Graeme
Ray.Caruana  Malta

Posted by Bill Slavin on 16 Feb 2018, 15:02

Oh, yeah. I like it!
Bill Slavin  Canada

Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Previous page

Return to Gallery