Gallery

Annals of the Race of Death THE TEAM 15

Posted by Carlos on 28 Nov 2017, 22:38

Some time ago I started looking at the boxes of kits that I accumulated over time and that I never thought about make because they were surpassed by new kits with more details and quality.
As I did not intend to use them for anything serious, I started playing with them, cutting here, pasting, adding and removing pieces and modifying them into a mixture of Camel Trophy, Rallie cars, Paris-Dakar and LRDG.
I found it very funny, almost addictive.
When I commented to a friend he told me-
"Well, tell me the universe and I'll tell you if they're okay"
So, I just wanted to modifie my softskins but if you want to know abouth the "universe", like a friend that I have, go here.

https://unosetentaydosaventuras.blogspot.com.ar/2017/11/anales-de-las-carreras-de-la-muerte-200.html

"Universe"...I just wanted to modiefie mi softskins.

Now...

June 1946, Inverness-Palermo, first international race through the abandoned territories.
A hard test to cover cities and roads destroyed by war, territories filled with wild mutants . The team number 15, category vehicles of more than 2 tons, manned by two exveteranos of the SAS in Africa (in fact, one of them was in the matchbox team) an Australian, Michael Dundee (niknamed Crocodile) and a Frenchman, Jencló Lintrepid , in their modified Morris c8 they did the trip in 20 days, 4 hours, 12 minutes and 34 seconds. Confirming the death of 96 mutants, (almost all killed by Jencló and his MAS 36 rifle) obtaining a record of deaths of mutants that would not be surpassed by almost three months. The team won the second place in its category.
The team continued participating in the races and won a first prize in New Caracas-Malos Aires from 51. Both racers retired in 1974. Jencló Lintrepid set up a bakery on the outskirts of Paris. Michael got married and then died of cirrhosis.

More pics in here https://unosetentaydosaventuras.blogspot.com.ar/2017/11/aanales-de-las-careras-de-la-muerte-el.html

Hope you find it fun but not embarrassing.... :oops:
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Kostis Ornerakis on 28 Nov 2017, 23:11

I can't say for sure what impressed me more, your fascinating modelling techniques or your amazing imagination. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Kostis Ornerakis  Greece

In memoriam

Posted by Wiking on 29 Nov 2017, 05:40

I like very much the idea of using old outdated stuff.
Also the very, very well done race look of this vehicle. With all the lamps, lights, mirror and the fixing of the spare tire. Not to forget to mention the pattern of all tires. The camouflage or say it right the race color with white stripes is lifelike.
As the inevitable dust cover.

And with some work in progress pic, nice.
:yeah:

:mrgreen:
Wiking  Germany

Posted by MABO on 29 Nov 2017, 07:57

Kostis Ornerakis wrote:I can't say for sure what impressed me more, your fascinating modelling techniques or your amazing imagination. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

It is the same with me. Great idea!
MABO  Europe
Supporting Member (Gold) Supporting Member (Gold)

Posted by Kekso on 29 Nov 2017, 11:21

I agree... truly imaginative... I can see whole story behind it.
Kekso  Croatia

Moderator Moderator
Supporting Member (Bronze) Supporting Member (Bronze)

Posted by Carlos on 29 Nov 2017, 16:00

thanks fellows, you are good people to take me seriously cause that thing abouth postapocalytic races is quite bizarre... finally and I just wanted to modify my old kits in the style of the "baja 1000" and in the end I ended up writing a regulation of post-apocalyptic races and sculpting mutants ...The hobby of modeling is great, it allows any kind of creativity without restrictions.

Well, now I can continue modifying my softskins.

If any of you want to borrow a vehicle for the roads, do not forget to send the inscription to the IFRA :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Carlos  Argentina

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Peter on 10 Feb 2018, 20:44

Very Original work! Like it! :thumbup:
Peter  Belgium

Moderator Moderator

Posted by sprinkles on 11 Feb 2018, 12:45

Great idea for a setting and great work on the model. Love what your doing!.
sprinkles  United Kingdom

Posted by Ben90 on 11 Feb 2018, 16:17

Looks very nice, great work!
Ben90  Germany
Golden Brush Winner

Return to Gallery