Gallery

A new brand of roman figs !

Posted by Graeme on 01 Dec 2017, 14:44

A very interesting development and some very nice figures. I really like the guy running with the spear and the officer hunkered down behind his shield.
Graeme  Australia

Posted by carlosfaro on 04 Dec 2017, 16:43

Hi charo inside, I sent you a PM,
Regards
carlosfaro  

Posted by carlosfaro on 04 Dec 2017, 16:43

* sorry, i meant Chariobaude
carlosfaro  

Posted by David O'Brien on 04 Dec 2017, 21:45

An interesting period for model figures.
I am afraid the justification for arrows firing from the right of the bow is far too over egged for my taste. Years ago I used to see people at small circuses doing "Indian" trick shots like the ones in the video and of course they drew gasps from the public and drew from both sides of the bow. The over the shoulder with a mirror was the favourite ( and mine). I also saw cowboys using six guns ( and bullwhips) for trick shots that wouldn't be much use against an enemy or a cowpoke gunslinger. None of them had the temerity to make claims of redefining history. The straight locked arm is likely to get clouted by the bowstring btw. Like most things with model figures it is sometimes better or certainly doesn't hurt to look at real swordplay and spear throwing etc and not use old modelling conventions that have been passed down from leaden days. In that respect I am with the Lurpak ninja.
David O'Brien  

Posted by Photoro Man on 27 Dec 2017, 21:05

Gentlemen, as somebody who can only , when it comes to computers, check his Emails and do the easiest things with that machine - am I nonetheless more than interested in that new way of modelling. How much, in general, is the price for a printed figure compared to paying zhe modelleur?

Can't wait that this will become 'normal' considering the fact that the normal conversions always take a lot of time
Photoro Man  

Posted by Chariobaude on 07 Jan 2018, 15:37

Photoro Man wrote:Gentlemen, as somebody who can only , when it comes to computers, check his Emails and do the easiest things with that machine - am I nonetheless more than interested in that new way of modelling. How much, in general, is the price for a printed figure compared to paying zhe modelleur?

Can't wait that this will become 'normal' considering the fact that the normal conversions always take a lot of time

Hello Photoro man,

i can only agree : conversions are hard to made, and very fragile.
3D printing is THE solution, and with time the price will be cheaper and cheaper. I didn't pay anything outrageous for my unit because it was a test. And you can buy the result of this test for a very reasonable price to the owner of the files. As i said, i guess within a couple of years we will be able to produce our own figurines easily. The figs manufacturers will have to change their business model : no more the same timeframes ( nappies, WWII, ACW....) and much more creativity. I still don't undertand why they are still so conservative...
Chariobaude  France

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by PhilC on 07 Jan 2018, 17:45

I am interested in these figures. I am looking for a general for my own army...
PhilC  Europe

Supporting Member (Silver) Supporting Member (Silver)

Posted by Chariobaude on 04 Feb 2018, 10:42

Hello Phil, send me a MP ;-)
Chariobaude  France

Previous page

Return to Gallery