Gallery

Pz. Brigarde 150

Posted by Wiking on 24 Jun 2017, 13:32

The last two pic are a comparison to my other Esci 250 glued in 1999.

Build in 2012.
Halftruck: Sd.Kfz 250 Esci with track wheels come of an ACE kit , Tracks from Cäsar. Wheels stolen from a Pegasus gun. Front axle borrowed by Hasegawa as a lot of the interior. And some scratch. There was not much left of the base kit. Shortly after I was finished ACE and later on MK72 offered a 250. :mad:
Gun: Waterloo
Figure: Dragon

The story.
In the past I was send to Rome for a few days. After the work, my stomach give signals. Watch out to delete it by a pizza to go. I stumbled into a hobby shop to my surprise. It was impossible to leave it without this 250 Esci kit. I was young!
Work will go, get a kit, piece of pizza, Rome in the summertime. Can live be any better?
Next day at the airport my hand luggage was X-ray. And I was stopped at this for the very first time.
What is it? I open my case and open the box of the kit. The two security man touch and press at the molding that I thought they brake it. Then they start a discussion :shock: . After a while they gave me all unbrocken back and let me pass. :-D
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Hellboy on 24 Jun 2017, 19:48

Nice travel report from Rome!!!! :-D And nice for all of us that the security officers did not keep you there! Rear lock and latch with water and bread ... sorry, with wine and pizza! ;-)

The Sd.Kfz.250 in US - painting is unusually but very interesting. :shock: I like the picture with the front view particularly well. The paint damage and the dirt on the vehicle are nice. Very successful !!!! I especially like the base design. The flooring is really an eye-catcher!!!! Great!!!! :yeah:

What a pity that the gun only on the 6th picture looks quite small :( .... Can we get the gun slightly bigger? Anticipation! :-D
Hellboy  Germany

Posted by Carlos on 24 Jun 2017, 23:31

Nice job Wiking, yu improve a lot the model. I like the open door bonnet detail. You improve the interior too. lot of work.
The figure is very nice too, well painted.
And the anecdote from the airport made me laugh, and remember a similar history. In the 90's
Arriving from Amsterdam to Manchester airport, being the only one that did not belong to the European community, the security guard had all the time with me, made me repeat as four times or more what was the reason and my time of stay in Britain, I started to get scared a little, because the guy was a bit hostile, even when I showed him all those university papers, he asked and asked again, then he opens my suitcase and finds that package that I bought previously in the Czech Republic , You can imagine that it was.
As I did not want to put it to explain that I was a "military model of small scale" I only said, "toys for my son" ... the guy looked and looked at the kits, then as if nothing invites me to have a beer in the airport pub, , he was friendly from moment to moment, finally it turned out that he was also a modeler and he wanted to buy my models :eh:
Carlos  Argentina

Posted by Bluefalchion on 24 Jun 2017, 23:37

Did you sell the models to him?
Bluefalchion  United States of America

Posted by Wiking on 25 Jun 2017, 05:36

Thank you for the nice comment.

Hellboy wrote:
What a pity that the gun only on the 6th picture looks quite small :( .... Can we get the gun slightly bigger? Anticipation! :-D

Build OOB. The only modification to drill a hole in the tube.

This gun you can get in the Waterloo kit for British paratrooper or an US combat unit.
ACE have done one too.
In contrast to the 250 I have no proof if the Germans capture and use these gun.
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Carlos on 25 Jun 2017, 16:31

So the canyon is from waterloo, knowing your ability to improve models mixing parts of other kits or replacing with scratch, it is difficult to know what was the original kit or how much of it is still there, it would be good if you ever take some pictures of your models before painting them, to appreciate the great Improvement work of kits that you do.
Who knows if those of the pz 150 used those guns or not, it is known that they used a lot of captured material, they were short of resources and they had to infiltrate, they knew that they would depend more on the resources captured than on their own.
I think that in a single vignette you have magnificently captured the whole philosophy of that brigade, it is all very representative, a sdkz own painted with American insignia, captured material (the canyon) , soldier with ss camouflage jacket and American pants, smoking (if possible to imaginate captured Camels or Luky Strike), like in the photos, and the and the landscape of the area y a winter day.
Is great work.

Bluefalchion wrote:Did you sell the models to him?

well, no, In those times without internet getting good material from the east was not easy in southamerica.
But I gave him good information on how to get good Argentine airplane decals for his project on the malvinas/falklands. 8)
Carlos  Argentina

Help keep the forum online!
or become a supporting member

Posted by Wiking on 25 Jun 2017, 19:33

Thank you again for your nice words.

Carlos wrote
... knowing your ability to improve models mixing parts of other kits or replacing with scratch, it is difficult to know what was the original kit or how much of it is still there, it would be good if you ever take some pictures of your models before painting them ...

Yes, I should this. With three Dioramas I do a work in progress only.
We get more and more kits in 1/72 so the kit crossing, scratch is going lower and lower. Nowadays I simply wait for the model done by the big company. Like if you (as a member at missing lynx) have seen that FtF will do close a sd kfz 221 and a sd kfz 247 kit. Yea !

Finally all my efforts are in vain.
MK72 do a nice base 250 kit. The turret is from an ICM 222 and only the top plate to hold it is scratch.
There is always something to improve. :mrgreen:

And if we talk about ...
Carlos wrote:
... knowing your ability to improve models mixing parts of other kits or replacing with scratch ...

I will give you this compliment back to your Dio with the (aged!) Airfix kit LVT4 transport version.
And so we close the circle to the beginning. You do pic of the building. So I can Imagine the work you put in.
Very skillful improved and well done the whole Dio !
Wiking  Germany

Posted by Hellboy on 26 Jun 2017, 05:43

Wiking, many thanks for the pictures with the gun. :-D Looks great !!! :yeah: Thanks also for the information about it.
Hellboy  Germany

Return to Gallery